1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Cab directions

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by lulucob, Feb 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lulucob

lulucob Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hello,

I am going with a Friend in April, staying at Paris. What route should I tell the Cabbie to take from Airport to Paris, and also from Paris to Downtown. Last time I told him take the blvd, he got mad. It was during the day and fare wasn't that much to Downtown.

2. ocpzoink

ocpzoink Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They always ask me if I want the fastest route. I say, no, I want the cheapest route.

3. Carole

Carole Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I tell them, no freeway! take paradise.

4. Iu25

Iu25 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep, I would tell him Paradise to Harmon to get you to Paris. From Paris to DT I would say take me Paradise to Sahara to Las Vegas Blvd to get downtown. Normally I just tell them to drop me off at the Golden Nugget downtown, its one of the first hotels you come to with lots of people around at the Porte! I always tell them I used to live here and they usually shut up pretty quick about which way to go. You are the paying passenger, its up to you to tell them how to get there, if they get mad, too bad thats less of a tip imho!

Last edited: Feb 22, 2014
  5. lulucob

lulucob Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks...yes I want to be dropped off at the Nugget...

6. WHIVGOYTUBE

WHIVGOYTUBE MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We get very specific BEFORE bags are placed in trunk. For you from Airport, you want

Swenson - Harmon - Audrie Street - Paris Drive.

So before luggage is even touched, we would say...

Going to Paris, need you to take Swenson - Harmon - Audrie St - Paris Drive. Are you OK with going that route, or should we ask the next cab in line?

If they Mumble, or ACT they do not know English, we pick up our bags and head to the next in-line cab. If there is any bitching, we casually say in a LOUND voice, THAT CAB WANTED TO LONG HAULE US, AND WE'RE NOT INTERESTED. :thumbsup:

If someone says, you have to take the first cab in line, we say, WE PASS, IF THE NEXT GROUP IN LINE WANTs TO TAKE A CHANCE ON BEING LONG HAULED, BE OUR GUEST!

It has never played out this way since the 1st cabbie always agrees to go the way we want. But I have read stories otherwise here, and have our LINE of Verbal DEFENSE ready to go. So we are prepared, but also calm and relaxed, for we know their games. Also have Taxi Authority on speed dial if necessary :thumbsup:

Once in Cab, keep doors open, and make sure you can see and read the Cabbie's posted ID and number. If it blocked or missing, request it be made available to you. Take note of the number (write it down). Then close doors.

LAST, make sure all your bags are out of the trunk first. Only then, is payment given, while one of us still stays in the cab with door open. Once Luggage is out and payment made, last person exits cab. I know this sounds extreme, but an ounch of prevention goes easier than a pound of cure.

7. Iu25

Iu25 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Normally all it takes is the word Taxi Authority, and the cabbie starts to change his tune. I got long hauled from Cosmo to DT a few years ago. He actually turned and drove around the block and then managed to take us out to the freeway. Then he took us to the furthest exit DT before taking us all the way back to the Plaza. I called him on it about half way DT and he said its faster, I said I dont care and im calling Taxi Authority. He abrubtly pulled up a few blocks from the Plaza to a curb and stopped the car. I told my wife and MIL to pay the man no more than $15 and no tip. I climb out and as my MIL is getting out I see her leg start to come out the door and he takes off again, she about fell out of the dang car! I chased them 3 blocks up to the Plaza and by then he had sped off. Apparently he had issues with the Taxi Authority in the past, what an idiot!! Evern since I just rent a car, its just not worth all the hassle anymore!

8. lulucob

lulucob Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks, great advice. I didn't think it was necessary to take the freeway to DT, when we rent a car we always take the BLVD. Going with a Friend this time, so cabs are it this trip.

9. lulucob

lulucob Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok now leaving from Paris to airport which way. Seemed like last time he took a longer route

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.