1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Pai Gow Downtown

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by Old Kansas Guy, Feb 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Old Kansas Guy

Old Kansas Guy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Heading to Vegas in a couple of weeks and will spend part of the time downtown.

Looking to play Pai Gow for $10/hand with a bonus bet minimum of $1 with otherwise standard rules.

Suggestions.

2. JustNgo

JustNgo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I assume you mean pai gow poker, not tiles. You can find $10 fortune pai gow poker nearly anywhere (mid to low end strip and downtown). You won't have any issues finding a table.

3. warpdrvr

warpdrvr Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last May when we were in town, the El Cortez had a $5 Pai Gow Table, but I've heard they took it out and put something else in it's place. Again, it's just what I heard, so I don't know for sure. Worth the block walk to check it out...

4. wpete

wpete High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Binions has a table or 2. $5 mins in the morning. I think it goes up at night, not sure though.

5. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I used to play quite a bit of this but haven't for about 10 years, I don't know why, maybe I don't notice many tables anymore. I enjoyed it, very relaxing.

6. marksind

marksind VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Pai Gow

No table at ElCo any more. The D has a "Pai Gow Mania" table (same game with both a 3 card and 7 card fortune bet; make either, both or neither). It varies between $5 and $10 minimum. Binions and the California both have tables also. Didn't see any at the Downtown Grand (where we were staying a couple of weeks ago).

Pai Gow is the perfect "don't lose much while getting drunk" game, and the Pow Gow Mania table at the D is even slower than regular Pai Gow since the dealer first deals and checks the three card hand before finishing the deal. According to the Wizard of Odds the three card fortune bet actually is slightly better than the seven card bet.

7. wpete

wpete High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The last 3 times my wife has played she got a 6 card straight flush. Each time the card she needed was at the position next to her. She bets 5 bucks on the bonus and payout is $40k. She is so due.

8. numeno

numeno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Main Street Station(and therefore I assume Freemont and Cal) have this with the $1 bonus bet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.