1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

little help planning a trip in June

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by karens625, Feb 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. karens625

karens625 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Trying to plan a trip to Vegas from Portland Or. in June. Found a great price, I think, through expedia. Including airfare, 3 nights. Trying to go as cheap as possible, so I have more money for gambling, food, shows, etc. The hotel is Harrahs. Now we don't spend a whole lot of time in the room. So I am okay with that. But since it is through expedia, can I still change the hotel if I find something else for a good price? Is there a way to upgrade the room still going through expedia? We like the location of Harrahs. Stayed at the Flamingo last year twice. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Karen

2. sweetcanadian

sweetcanadian High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    read the TOS for the deal, that is the only way to really know.

Anytime i have used expedia it is always paid upfront and non refundable or even changeable.

3. ButterflyMtn

ButterflyMtn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Usually third party sites are non-refundable. Always book through the hotel and most will try to beat the online deal but you can always keep checking lower prices and the hotel will change it for you as many times as you call

4. mdlee3_46041

mdlee3_46041 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've never had any problems with Expedia, but I wouldn't use them for a Vegas trip. As has already been pointed out, most hotels will try to match or beat other online deals so you don't really save money using a third party site such as Expedia.

Also, since your room is prepaid, no matter how much you gamble, you can't have the cost of your room decreased when you're checking out. Now obviously, if you don't plan to gamble at all or plan to gamble very minimally, then this won't apply to your particular case.

5. karens625

karens625 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good points. Maybe that is why I have been hesitant to jump on it. But airfare better come down. Soon. Thanks for the advice.

6. Busyman

Busyman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It would help tremendously if you'd spill the beans on how much Expedia has it for.

Also Expedia is notorious for flight included to have horrible flight times.

3 days yet many times you get in late and go back home at the butt crack of dawn.

7. Iu25

Iu25 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A few years ago I booked rooms on expedia, and then found a host to give us free rooms. He said to call Expedia and see if we could cancel them, they said sorry non refundable. Luckily, he had a contact with them that was able to cancel the rooms, but normally its not gonna happen short of proving an emergency!

8. karens625

karens625 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Total per person was $316. 3 nights. Alaska flight. Arrive early. Leave late. Could even get it cheaper if I wanted to fly Spirit. But they arrive after 9pm. I still might go for it. I can't find anything even close to it.

9. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And, if you go to airline site, how much is the airfare?

And, if you go to Harrahs site, how much is the room? No idea how long ago since you had any play at CET, but login to see what rates are offered. Unless of course, you have never played at any CET property.

10. topcard

topcard Here's to $10 3:2 two-deck, $5 Craps, and $5 UTH!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just checked SW Air, non-stop out of Portland for a Monday departure and Thursday return (6/16 - 6/19)...total is $252 per person...mid-morning flights both ways.

I would book those flights and log onto TR's website to book your Harrah's room.

:beer:

Annual Spring Trip!
  11. karens625

karens625 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Airfare
    $252. Over $100 a night at Harrahs. Haven't had a lot of play anywhere. Took 2 trips last year. But before that it had been 10 years. Stayed at Flamingo both times last year. I guess now I just have to find out is Harrahs is right for me.

12. karens625

karens625 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Quoted for over $100 a night on the website.

13. karens625

karens625 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am set on my dates. June 24 -27. Birthday!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.