1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Harrahs -> fremont east, and harrahs -> mandalay bay

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by AceRothstein80, Feb 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AceRothstein80

AceRothstein80 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok....just checking to see if this is my best non cab options:

I'm staying at harrahs, and will be center strip mostly(poker tourneys at venetian/Caesars). I want to go downtown atleast 1 night for bars at freemont east. The express deuce is what I would prefer. Now, is the best location to do so, at the wynn? So, my gameplan would be to go there and get on the stop to head north? Also, when I come back..where is the stop near freemont? Is it shared with the regular duece? I know the express ends at midnight, so I may have to settle for the reguar one back. Is that my best plan for that?

Also, Im going for UFC, which is at Mandalay Bay. I also will probably go to the press conference and/or weigh ins. I'm thinking, from harrahs, taking the monorail down to the mgm, walking across the strip to NYNY, and then over to the tram at excalibur. Would that be the fastes, or would I be better off just crossing street at Harrahs, and catching a southbound duece to a stop near mandalay bay? What do you think would be quicker?

2. Morpheus7272

Morpheus7272 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I assume you are talking about the SDX (Strip and Downtown Express) bus. Pick it up northbound (to downtown) outside the Wynn. The SDX only runs until midnight, and you pick it up outside of Binion's to go back to the Strip. If after midnight, walk eastbound on Fremont from the canopy to the east side of the Heart Attack Grill to pick up the Deuce southbound (24 hours).

To get to MB from Harrah's, cross LVB to the Mirage stop for the Deuce. Walking back to Fashion Show Mall for the SDX would most likely be a waste of time, unless traffic was unbelievably bad, which it sometimes is. You have to walk so far to catch the monorail and back to the Strip after disembarking, it's a waste, too, again unless LVB is a parking lot.

3. AndyAkeko

AndyAkeko Time magazine's 2006 Person of the Year

Trips to Las Vegas:
  4. reen1962

reen1962 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would cross the street at Harrah's and find the closest bus stop. You can get off right at Mandalay Bay. It would be quicker.

It's Been Too Long 'Ol Friend! :-)
  5. AceRothstein80

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Awesome thanks, the deuce it is to Mandalay. I wish the fight stuff was at MGM, would make the monorail a no brainer

6. dunebug81

dunebug81 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Why not rent a car? Its dirty cheap from the airport. Even with the cost of a cab to and from the rental car place it more than likely wouldn't be more then $20 a day.

Your time on vacation is worth something to you. sitting on the bus or monorail, to me, is a waste of that time. parking (and valet) are free at just about everywhere. You could spend a few extra bucks in tips on valet service or just park in the garages. Harrahs and Mandalay both have ample parking. Freemont you might have to pay a few bucks depending on where you go.

7. AceRothstein80

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Because I like to enjoy cocktails too much to have a car at these stops

8. robert m.

robert m. High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm with you, Ace. Leave the driving for a local who's being paid!

9. dunebug81

dunebug81 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    of course there is that, i rarely drink so thats not a factor for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.