1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

nonstop flights

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by jwkick, Feb 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jwkick

jwkick Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Being able to fly out of kansas city mo. we can always find a nonstop to vegas on sw for a reasonable price. How hard is it to find other nonstop flights to vegas out of other cities? How much more is the price for that flight compared to 1 or 2 stop flights. Just curious.

2. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well... outta Reno, we have a ton of non-stop flights to Las Vegas, cause there's nothing between here and there... but, now a days almost everything outta Reno goes through Las Vegas or Phoenix before you can go anywhere else. I used to love the super-quick flight from Reno over to Oakland (then take BART) over to San Francisco, but now to get there, you have to go to Las Vegas and change planes. Turned a 45 minute deal into 3 and half hours and sometimes more.

3. SelfMade

SelfMade Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Completely impossible to answer. The airline companies pricing policies are totally opaque and dependent on some very complex algorithms.

Just go on Kayak.com and punch in a couple of cities on a month-long search.

4. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I fly out of Columbus Ohio. A few years ago a SWA became the only direct flight to LAS. Their direct flights are their cheapest typically. We have always been able to score great deals until this year. This is the first year that on some days SWA dropped their morning direct flight to LAS. last trip we did an hour layover in Chicago. We are doing on in two weeks again on an eve trip, but its our fault because we booked late.

5. OhioStateAlum

OhioStateAlum High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I also fly from Columbus. The direct flights are typically cheaper than ones with a layover. My last trip I left my house about 5:15am and touched down in Vegas at about 11am Eastern time. It was awesome.

6. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No problem getting non-stop from BWI. (Baltimore/Washington)

7. blackjacknut

blackjacknut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can get non-stop on both SW and United out of Cleveland. I wish they had a non-stop out of Akron/Canton to LAS but nothing yet.

8. chess

chess VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    VERY easy...as this is my norm :):thumbsup:

9. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Out of Milwaukee, WI, SWA had become the dominant airline with something like ~65% market share. They have 3 non-stops per day to Vegas on weekdays.

Off topic now, but out of Milwaukee, they also have daily non-stops to PHX, BOS, SEA, Tampa, Orlando and a couple of other cities we haven't flow to, yet!

10. jrinct1

jrinct1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    SWA used to have an early morning direct to LV that I used to take from BDL. Just looked on their site and its no longer being offered and now its a late morning/ early afternoon flight.

11. NeonTurtle14

NeonTurtle14 I Run the Vegas Hotdog Stand

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Even though United recently announced it was pulling its hub out of Cleveland, they claim they will continue to run nonstop routes to Las Vegas (although I anticipate there being less times to pick from). As United reduces its headcount and flight count from CLE, we are anticipating another airline here to step up and make a hub out of this airport. I've heard SWA and JetBlue as 2 possibilities.

12. OKC Gal

OKC Gal Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In OKC, Southwest is the only carrier that goes to Vegas non stop. Sadly.

13. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As of this time, Southwest is the only airline currently flying nonstop from Omaha (OMA) to LAS. Lately it's been $149-ish to $189-ish each way. Also, lately, the flights that connect in DEN or PHX are actually a bit HIGHER than those going direct non-stop to Las Vegas.

14. Jerseyguy

Jerseyguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    UA out of Newark

Usually no problem getting non-stops ,biggest trick is getting 12k frequent flyer flights and getting low priced flights.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.