1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Restaurant $20 trick?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Taking, Feb 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Taking

Taking Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does anyone have any experience in tipping the host/hostess at a popular resturant to try to get a table? I always seem to forget to make reservations till it's to late.

2. craiger122003

craiger122003 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Try using opentable.com

3. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've occasionally had to be flexible with my reservation, but I can't ever recall not being able to get a table at a restaurant in Vegas.

That said, if you're trying to book on Valentines night, NYE, or any other red letter day it may be different.

I'm only there in the summer, and it's never been something that has cropped up.

4. SelfMade

SelfMade Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Restaurants have far more limited inventory compared to hotels. I can't imagine this working very well other than maybe getting you a buy-back drink or very quick service.

5. RiddickBull

RiddickBull VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My friend tried once at Cafe Bellagio during fight night (late night right after fight) to budge in front of the line, but got declined. The line was so long. We then noticed if you were gold or better your could budge in line.

6. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The only restaurant I've ever had trouble getting into in Vegas, EVER was GR Steak, for my last trip we ended up reserving it when I booked my room. The rest we'd usually just either call or do open table on our phones a few hours before.

Also I've never eaten anywhere and said I'm glad I had a reservation. It was never busy enough anywhere to warrant one. (with the exception of GR steak)

I guess, if you are looking for like a patio table at Olives, or Table 56 at the Eiffel Tower restaurant, then yes, i'd try tipping them.

7. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Those are the places I have tipped.
    It worked several times at Olives getting a patio table.

8. mjsisk

mjsisk Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, Champagne brunch buffet! It has worked at the Marage and Bellagio glass never empty.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.