1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Tr 2/13-2/17

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by monczkia, Feb 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. monczkia

monczkia Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

It's here, it's finally here!:banana:

It feels like Christmas morning:woot:

Flight leaves from Sea-Tac with United at 11:40 with a short layover in LAX and then on to Vegas landing at approx 5:03. I know, crazy, there is a layover from Seattle to Vegas but I am *this close* to status with United and I travel weekly (I live in Columbus Thurs-Sun and work in Seattle. I am meeting my wife in Vegas (her flight is SWA from Columbus)and I think it comes in around 6:20. So what's a girl to do while waiting for her partner in crime? Why drink in the airport of course. I made a promise that I would wait for her at the gate so when my flight lands (on time I am hoping) I will have approx 1 hour and 17 minutes to booze it up. Let me preface this trip with saying, we are not big drinkers and rarely let loose. We have two children together, both are business professionals but we have this trip as an annual "let your hair down" sort of thing.

So up for the long, holiday weekend...1 night at the Quad and the rest in the Jacuzzi suite at the El Cortez. I know, not the Cosmo, Wynn or Venetian but to be honest hotel rooms aren't that big of a thing to me. I practically live in them so clean and efficient is really enough for me. I only upgraded to the jacuzzi suite at the El Co because of of the promise of some serious relaxation.

Budget is 2k for the 4 days for gambling and entertainment. This is my first Vegas trip where I won't be counting my pennies every 5 seconds. Dining and shopping are open-ended (I am a prissy woman of course);)

Up next, the flights and some pre-gaming:thumbsup:

2. vegasvette

vegasvette High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Best of luck to you. I appreciate your anxiousness.

3. RAWDAWG33

RAWDAWG33 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    :beer:

Cheers to a great long weekend full of wins and fun. Look forward to reading all about it !!

4. monczkia

monczkia Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well landed in the holy land! Flight to LAX was easy peasy and hey I saw the Hollywood sign coming in. I know I'm sure some of you live in California but I've never been so I thought it was neat. Had lunch at the aiport with a delicious mai tai that ended up costing 16 bucks. Holy hell it was expensive but good. Had a cran apple rum on the quick ride over to vegas that hit the spot. Had a couple smelly boys in the aisle next to me that were super obnoxious. I get it be excited but when you're dumb ass shenanigans almost knocks me in my boobs and you smell foul, mama aint happy.

Got off the plane and got DW a dice pandora charm for her bracelet im.giving her for vday tomorrow and im now hanging out by her gate waiting for her to arrive. Oh I guess I should add im down 10 bucks from a footloose machine. Stingy bastard machine.

5. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Your wife must be much older than you. You do not look nearly old enough to have two kids who are business professionals! :poke:

I kid, of course. Best of luck and have a blast!:beer:

6. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tear up the town!!!

7. sweetcanadian

sweetcanadian High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LOL i was going to make that joke!

Have fun, you sound as excited as i get so i will live through you as we are another 55 days away from vegas.

How old are your children and how long have you been with your wife? How awesome to spend valentine's day on vacation away from the hub bub of home & responsibilities!

8. monczkia

monczkia Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hahaha should have caught that awful sentence. Writing this on my phone so it's a little tough to edit.

We have been together almost two years and have 2 kids ages 3 and 5. They are actually from my previous marriage however we are a modern day Brady bunch. This trip is so needed. We have been trying for a a year to have a third but my body is just rebelling. Anyway tmi:eek:

Checked into the quad and got a room on the 7th floor. I know in my post I said I dont care much about hotel rooms but oh my, this room is a dump. Everything is old and stained and just..ugh. I never thought I would see the day I was eager and running to el co.

Dinner was Holsteins at cosmo and thanks to a recommendation from a member of this board, I ordered a drunked monkey and it was fab. Service was slow but the food was decent.

FYI everyone the Cosmo 100 dollar slot rebate is dead. I went to sign up and they said it ended two days. F me. Luckily the walk over to the Cosmo wasnt wasted as I had a free 25 bucks from a coupon handed out on the plane. I blew through that in about 10 minutes on a stupid aloha Hawaiian machine. Played another 20 being a slot slut as I call it, then we decided to walk back and head to bed. DW is all jacked up from the time difference and I'm beat from working long hours the past couple days to be able to take tomorrow off.

Up next tomorrow...jacuzzi suite at el co, rhumbar and some slot and possible craps action.

9. CenterfieldNine

CenterfieldNine High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

This is awful news, but thanks for sharing! Hope your trip goes well, I cant wait for mine to get started tomorrow!!!

10. monczkia

monczkia Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Today was a definite success. Up 600 bucks!! Will write later..head is pounding from way too many rum runners.

11. reef33

reef33 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for sharing what looks like a very interesting trip report. Up $600 on the first day is a great start. Hopefully the El Co will be a nicer room for you. I've never stayed at either hotel, but the old school nature of the El Co and some of the others are neat from a history standpoint and I love old Vegas history.

Can't wait to see more

12. Blonde_4_ever

Blonde_4_ever LasVegas4ever.com

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sad to hear the Cosmo promo is over!!!
    Continued good luck to you.

13. Royal Flusher

Royal Flusher Savvy Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congrats, but sorry you missed a great opportunity for drunk posting here on VMB.

14. monczkia

monczkia Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It would have been a mess if I would have tried to post last night.

So I am goin to give short updates and then post a good detailed report at the end.

Yesterday won my dw won 600 bucks on a monster machine at the las vegas club trying to spend her 100 for the slot rebate. Pics to come but it was sweeeet. I was two sheets to the wind and I think I danced around the machine to bruno mars treasure.

15. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fun report; looking forward to hearing about the rest of the shenanigans :)

16. sweetcanadian

sweetcanadian High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    that is awesome :)

17. allmine1958

allmine1958 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Aww, video TR would be great. Would love to see that. Congrats. :beer:

18. reef33

reef33 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    C'mon now, there has to be more :beer: