1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Looking for help properly filling out 1040NR forms

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by megamoose, Feb 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. megamoose

megamoose Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    From Canada and I have used a service for this before but they are expensive. I already have an ITIN # and I'm looking for someone to walk me through the forms or even send example pictures of a set of properly filled out forms. Just want to make sure I don't make some stupid mistake that delays or cancels the forms. Thanks !!

2. richardinbc

richardinbc Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    try a search

Megamoose try a search on filling out 1040nr. I did a report on doing mine, but that was a few years ago. I saw another one a while back.

Search "Canadians and tax. " for that. there may be a phone number in there that may help.

You have the biggest thing, your ITIN number.

Its not that hard you can do it.

3. megamoose

megamoose Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I guess i'll just have to use RMS again...I can't even get the first page filled out without being sure if I'm doing it properly or not. Ridiculous to pay them $1000 to get $4000 back though. All for five min to fill out a couple forms. I've googled the s#!t out of trying to find a template for a properly filled out form but could find nothing.

4. nickle

nickle Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't do it. ITIN# is the important part. I used RMS for my first, cost 25%. Do you live close enough to US to take info to an American accountant? Wife paid less than $100 do get hers done. Next time I had one, she used her old forms to complete mine. Can't do the pictures now, because we are away from home till March. If you haven't figured a solution by then, I'll try to help.

5. Julie888

Julie888 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Megamoose, don't feel bad that it isn't clear. Too bad you don't have the forms that the original company submitted for you. Maybe you can request them.

Unless you really are in a rush for the refund, perhaps someone will have more info for you.

6. megamoose

megamoose Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I doubt RMS would give me a copy of the forms they sent. Wouldn't be good business for them because they know the client would cut them out of the equation. I just wish Canada and US would amend that stupid treaty agreement so that winnings wouldn't be taxed...such a pain in the a$$.

7. Julie888

Julie888 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's absolutely a PITA! At times I wonder what's the point of gambling in the US.

If you do decide you want a firm to do it, state right up front that you want a copy of what they submit for your records.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.