1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Flame Steakhouse

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by monczkia, Feb 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. monczkia

monczkia Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've stayed at El Cortez before but never ate here. With the ACG coupon and staying here again, I think this will be our Valentines Day dinner next week. Any recomendations on entrees? I vaguely remember someone saying the prime rib was good in a post but I may be imagining it.

2. Iu25

Iu25 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Im not a big prime rib fan, and even I liked it at The Flame. Its very good, or at least it used to be. Its been a few years ago!

3. NickyDim

NickyDim Hockey is life

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ate there 6 months ago and it was wonderful. Used the very same ACG coupon.
    :thumbsup:

4. Oxygenator

Oxygenator Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    the prime rib i had there a year or so ago was disgusting. I couldn't even chew it, it was so tough. I had the Gold spike prime rib a couple days earlier and it was much better. No Joke. I think the Flame is the worst ' Steakhouse' DT now. what respectable steakhouse doesn't even have ribeye on the menu? or lobster?
    much better places DT ( all of the other steakhouses).

5. Iu25

Iu25 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The time I went it was good, I couldnt complain, but I almost always go to Binions for a good steak. I like the atmosphere, view, and looking around you can just imagine the infamy of the people who dined there over the years!

6. monczkia

monczkia Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think that's another reason why I want to eat there and enjoy staying there so much. I can't imagine the characters that have wandered in and out of there.

7. Nevada Kid

Nevada Kid VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm A fan, I always get a filet.

8. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Personally, I liked Roberta's much better (the former Flame). I also enjoy staying at the EC and used my coupon for 50% off.The food was very good but I hate restaurants that have a la carte menus, and instead of the warm, comfortable atmosphere in Roberta's I found the Flame to be stiff, formal and staff obsequious. I have never gone back but the food is very good.

The 24 hr Café is very good and have a great breakfast and steak dinners on the menu that are reasonable, but of course, lack the "atmosphere" of the Flame.

Jimbo338

9. jrinct1

jrinct1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Never been to the Flame. The one time I was at Roberta's I REALLY enjoyed it.

10. xmarksx

xmarksx VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think the mac-n-cheese side at The Flame is some of the best I have ever had.

11. WHITEJACKET73

WHITEJACKET73 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have dined there several times; both when it was Roberta's and now the Flame. The last few times they had live piano music which was a nice touch. Service has always been good, cloth tablecloths and napkins. Their prime rib is not the best that I have ever had, but always has been a solid selection with me. Their filet mignon is excellent. During the winter months they have a stone crab special on Friday and Saturday evenings; a pound of stone crab and some sides for $28. The crab is flown in fresh from Florida every week. They have several options for salads and the onion soup is delicious. The size of the side food options is large; plenty big enough to share with your tablemate. Their baked potatoes are HUGE. The wine list is nothing special, but they do have some solid wines priced very reasonably by Vegas standards. The coupons from ACG and LVA make the dining experience here a real bargain. I suggest you stop at the adjacent bar and have one of their signature martinis for a pre-meal libation; I believe they are only $8. I have trips booked for March and again in May and you can be sure that I will be eating at the Flame during one of those excursions. Be sure to call ahead and make reservations, otherwise you can expect at least a 45 to 90 minute wait.

12. sam

sam Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A trip to The Flame is included each year. I have never had a bad meal. We like their Alaskan King Crab and also the filet. Very reasonably priced I think.
    Always use a coupon and it ends up to be a nice price. We also like to go to Binion's Steakhouse. The view is great. I don't think you can go wrong with either restaurant.

13. airball1996

airball1996 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yikes. I've said it before, but in my opinion, they should take that F off of their restaurant's name. The service is deplorable, and the food is mediocre.

My brother in law had the prime rib and said it wasn't anything special. I had the steak diane and garbage salad. Not bad, but not great either. If you want awful service and lacking food....Flame is the place.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.