1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Please help me find the holy grail of frozen drinks downtown

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by monczkia, Feb 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. monczkia

monczkia Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Back in 2010 I wandered Fremont Street and came upon a watermelon daquiri that blew my mind. I remember it being on the right side of sidewalk if you are looking at the Plaza Hotel and it was about midway down Fremont. Because I was a little loose, I can't remember the name of the place:drunk:

Can anyone help? Taking a trip in 9 days and am looking to find the place again:)

2. Iu25

Iu25 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The place I ALWAYS go for frozen drinks downtown is actually on the left side of the sidewalk(if facing the Plaza). Its called La Bayou and if you go in past all the slots, the back left corner is a counter with frozen drink machines. Be sure to add the extra 151 shot for an extra buck or two! Also just outside of here Golden Gate has a bar set up, or did last year, that has frozen drinks you can buy as well. I am not sure if Mermaids sells frozen drinks or not, but if so its almost directly across from La Bayou on the other side of the street.

3. wrxrob

wrxrob High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm sure that daiquiri you had was at Mermaids or La Bayou.

Best frozen drink I ever had in Vegas was probably the spiked milkshakes at the Cosmopolitan on the strip in a restaurant called Holsteins.

4. monczkia

monczkia Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh yummy. I will have to try when I head over there for my slot loss play rebate.

Thanks for all the replies as well!

5. sconnie

sconnie Downtown Kinda Guy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And if you're in the Cal, Fremont or MSS, order a "Royal Flush" with rum. Very tasty!

JW

6. atcmurph

atcmurph Watcher Of The Skies

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Probably Mermaids. La Bayou would be on the other side of the street. :beer:

7. Morpheus7272

Morpheus7272 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds good -- what's in that? I keep trying to order a Royal Flush on one of the VP machines, but no dice yet!!

8. wrxrob

wrxrob High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    here you go

http://www.holsteinslv.com/menu/

click desserts. My favorite 2 drinks were the Drunken Monkey and the Cereal Bowl :thumbsup:

9. sconnie

sconnie Downtown Kinda Guy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Royal Flush has a bit if a strawberry flavor but just a bit. Try it , you'll like it. Even if your name isn't Mikey!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.