1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Downtown Grand mailer

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by Joe, Feb 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We each received a mailer today from the Downtown Grand.
    2 nights free, $10 in FP, $10 in dining credit & "free gift" at my points club for the month of Feb.

The offer is only noteworthy because it excludes the $11 resort fee, but still includes the shuttle bus, free WiFi, workout room & 2 free coffees.

I originally booked a two nighter using the matching offer from any other hotel mailer. But, that offer didn't exclude the $11 resort fee and I cancelled after I found out my brother was going to book a room and I could take a few pictures of his room. I have a collection of LV hotel room pictures, mostly downtown.

The fee has some fancy name like the Grand Experience, but anyway it is waived on this offer.

2. aliasyoshi

aliasyoshi Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How much play have you actually given them?

3. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Perhaps $100 total. We signed up for the cards and each got $3 in freeplay back in Nov. That's it. One visit, maybe 40 minutes (or 2 beers) total.

4. marcianofan

marcianofan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    'I originally booked a two nighter using the matching offer from any other hotel mailer. '
    Does this mean they'll match other hotel offers(sorry if this is a dumb question but I've done this)?

5. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Two nights max and the offer from a different hotel must be in your name. You also will pay the $11 "resort fee". Also, and it's no biggie, but you must be a member of their slot club, which you can do before checking in.

6. Tobydog

Tobydog Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got the same offer. I don't see any mention of the resort fee being waived for the two night offer on the printed piece. Did you call them and ask? We are in Vegas next week, booked at Bally's comped. I would much rather stay downtown, but going with my sisters who are "Strip people". If I can book this deal and not have to pay the resort fee, I might do it just to have a place to rest for a bit while visiting downtown.

7. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Resort fee is waived if you are on the standard 2 night free room comp. If you are using the offer to match another hotel offer, then you pay the $11 per night fee.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.