1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Panda @ Palazzo

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by 7out7, Feb 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 7out7

7out7 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Any reviews yet? I am going next Wednesday, wondering what to expect.

2. bignig135

bignig135 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We went last week, and if you have kids they'll probably love it! Unfortunately it isn't geared towards adults, we assumed someone saw Kung Fu Panda and thought it a great idea to dress adults up as pandas and have them try to learn martial arts to combat evil!
    Some of the shaolin monk displays are impressive and the performers give their all, its just nowhere near the level of Cirque shows. If your seats are towards the rear, you may well be moved forward, as we were. Towards the end, there is a scene which calls for a giant umbrella to descend from the ceiling which may well have been spectacular but unfortunately the mechanism malfunctioned, so look out for that!
    Have a drink or two beforehand, it may well help!

3. sammasseur

sammasseur VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Stage backdrop was pretty spectacular with video screens and moving panels integrated into the story (which is thin and lame). Basically a story of an animal marrying a human being (WTF) that gets interrupted by a kidnapping. Acrobatics would be much more impressive if the athletes weren't actually in panda suits. Very odd combination. Maybe it just doesn't work in American culture. Theater was about half full, even with $28.50 Travelzoo discounts. We got three rows from rear and were moved down to sixth row. Whole sections were being moved forward. I liked the flying over the audience, but the umbrella over the audience was kind of lame and pointless. Unless you were on the sides, you couldn't even see what was happening (it worked the night I was there). They did a lot of expensive decorating for this. As I understand it, the show was only meant to play during the holiday season for Asian tourist upswing, but the performers had a problem getting their work visas in time, so the theater sat empty until they could get here. And it opened AFTER the season had already come and gone. Which is a good way to describe the show. It couldn't possibly last much longer. Shame, as lots of money was spent. But it's just too ODD.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.