1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Grand Canyon by Helicopter

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by kesto692000, Jan 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kesto692000

kesto692000 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What are peoples thoughts on the best Helicopter tours of the GC?. We are looking for one that has a brief landing in the Canyon.
    Looking at the websites (Papillon, Maverick etc.) they all seem to be between $350 - $400. Are all of the companies a pretty similar standard? also any ideas for good discount codes would be appreciated.

2. Bommen

Bommen High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have done Maverick and they were great. But this was like over 5 years ago but at that time the general consensus were that they were the best.

I dont know if you know this but all the helicopter tours from vegas takes you to Grand Canyon west and even though its good its not as impressive as going into the national park.

3. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've never been on one but Travelzoo has one from Golden Eagle Air reduced from $344 to $219. I don't know if they land at all or anything else, just thought I'd mention it. Travelzoo can be a source of some pretty good deals.

4. TinkToo

TinkToo Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We did the Maverick tour into the Grand Canyon and it was awesome. I would highly recommend them.

:thumbsup:

5. The Stig

The Stig VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Another plus for Maverick from me :thumbsup:

6. markmetin

markmetin Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In the interests of full disclosure, there have been several incidents involving Vegas Grand Canyon helicopter tours over the last few years – here’s an article to look at. http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/story?id=130740. That being said, I’m planning to take one of the flights in March, but every time I bring it up my wife tries to talk me out of it (she has a much lower risk tolerance than me). I’m still going to make sure my pilot doesn’t look like he’s still in high school, or reek of Jack Daniels, before getting on board.

7. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We did this a few years ago.. it was not Maverick. Same sort of thing, they land in canyon for a quick lunch/drink.

Well worth the time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.