1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Aria Spa vs Cosmo Spa

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by JB in MN, Jan 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JB in MN

JB in MN Low-Roller

Starting to plan my April trip with the Mrs. She loves the pool, spa, and gym during the day while I'm out ... not at the pool, spa or gym.

I would prefer the Cosmo property but she loves the facilities at Aria. Can anyone help me out, are they comparable? Pluses or minuses to each? Spa/gym isn't my thing so I don't have a horse in this race but would appreciate any comments for others.

Thanks in advance.

--JB

2. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    IMO, the Aria spa is the best on the Strip. And my sister used their gym two weeks ago and said it was solid.

As for Cosmo, I like the spa, I think they do an excellent job of packing as much good stuff into a small space as they can, but it does not compare to Aria. I think I wrote once that on a per square foot basis, Cosmo might have the best spa on the Strip. But really that was a comment on how small it is. I like it, but Aria has more to offer (more types of massages, more amenities, more room to stretch out and relax).

I don't know anything about the Cosmo gym (or if it even has one)

I Need Spa
  3. 4xAggie

4xAggie Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We went to the Aria and Cosmopolitan spas last year, and Aria is better hands down. The Aria spa is bigger, has more amenities, and there's more stuff to do inside. We stayed at Aria in March and then Cosmopolitan in August, and were disappointed in the August trip (we were debating Aria vs. Cosmopolitan and went with the new thing).

The Cosmo gym is pretty good, but I didn't use the Aria gym, so I can't compare.

Now, the new question for us is Aria vs. Encore (which we haven't been to) for our trip in March. I think the Encore is rated higher, but we may want to go with the known spa (Aria) versus an unknown--we don't want to have the same disappointment this trip. FWIW, we are staying at both hotels this trip, just have to figure out which spa we go to.

4. Okie21

Okie21 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't been to the Cosmo spa, but the Aria spa is the best one I've been in anywhere. It is quite amazing, and well worth the $30 pass for access if you don't want a treatment everyday (all day access included for treatments).

- Hot stone beds - kinda meh. Relaxing for a few min until you start getting pressure ulcers on the back of your head and hips.

- Shio salt room - awesome. Soft music with vibrating chairs and salty air makes for a relaxing situation

- Coed balcony with jacuzzi - awesome. One time we went it was about 35 deg outside, making the experience even better.

- Mens plunges also nice.

5. JB in MN

JB in MN Low-Roller

Thanks to all, this is exactly the type of feedback I needed. :beer:

Looks like I'll be booking at Aria.

--JB

6. NeonTurtle14

NeonTurtle14 I Run the Vegas Hotdog Stand

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I have visited the spa facilities at Aria, Bellagio, Cosmo, Encore, and Caesars Palace. Her fav was Encore with Aria a close second, and my own was the other way around, Aria then Encore. It was amazing in there.

Cosmo was nice, but wasn't as isolated/tranquil as Aria's spa.

7. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not to hijack the thread, but a quick aside: I was significantly disappointed in the Wynn spa. To me, it ranked fifth on the Strip at best (and maybe lower). Is Encore spa different/better than the Wynn spa?

I Need Spa
  8. NeonTurtle14

NeonTurtle14 I Run the Vegas Hotdog Stand

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't personally know, as I've never been in the Wynn spa. For whatever it's worth, we asked the front desk (on the Wynn side where we stayed) which spa they recommended, and they said we should try Encore's, as it was newer, but that both were excellent (I know they have to say that).

Maybe someone else here has done both W and E spas and can give you better insight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.