1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas I call BULL! Modified odds during promotion?

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by landsburger, Jan 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. landsburger

landsburger High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I noticed the double LP one level up promotion going on right now, so played a few minutes three different times today.

- First the slots seemed tighter than normal, but harder to say with that
    - I then tried BJ, and on almost every had the dealer either had or drew to 20 or 21
    - Tried an hour or so later, same thing
    - Just played a few minutes ago, and I think the dealer busted once, but either had 20/21 most of the time

I dropped almost 500k in chips over maybe 15 minutes total.

They have the right to do whatever they want, but this sure seemed strange.

:ssst:

2. miniwhale

miniwhale High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had a similar experience. For kicks, thought I would play a little BJ. 4 out of my first 6 hands were 21. Played a little while longer, same thing. 20 or 21.

3. BigGTMike

BigGTMike Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sample size...

And seems like you're playing an unsustainable bet amount for your chip total....

4. jtdl

jtdl Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I played slots for awhile, went up two levels and ended up with more chips than what I started with :)

5. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They "claim" they don't tighten up slots during the promotions.

But I also call bull. They always seem tighter during double XP and the various quests.

6. landsburger

landsburger High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I understand the concept, but I play BJ enough to smell a rat. Could be wrong, but it makes me feel a bit better (or maybe worse) to blame it. However...

I just got back home. Played two hands. The first the dealer drew to 21, the second he was dealt it outright. Hmmmm?????

EDIT: Played four more hands. 21 twice, 20 once, one bust. That's Black Jack 4 out of 6 hands, not to mention my experience earlier today.

7. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Likely this. I had an issue with the dealer hitting everything tonight too, but earlier in the day, I was hitting everything instead. Most BJ I have played in months. Seemed like a random session.

8. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Always seems random to me.. Also if you blew through that many points, how many are you betting? There is no benefit to betting more than like 1500. The pay off is worse.

9. MatthewJames

MatthewJames Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Betting high has definitely been bad news for me in MV - I'm back to minimum bets. Things definitely seem tighter during promotions and I have a strong feeling that 'purchased' chips yield better payouts.

10. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been exclusively betting 1500 on the Monster game.

It was eating chips really bad. I was down from 200k to like 40k when I got one hit for 175k chips. So that kept me going for much longer than I expected.

I'm back down to 50k, so I'm just gonna get right up to my next level up and quit, and hopefully there will be a double loyalty points on level ups promotion sometime soon before the next double XP weekend.

11. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Blackjack game is absolutely the worst
    The program is obviously set to give the dealer 19,20,or 21 with disproportionate frequency.
    I stopped playing that one long ago.
    It was so frustrating that I think I counted the dealer not busting on a 5or 6 something like 14 straight times.

12. TheCanoe

TheCanoe Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That seems the opposite of my experience, and would be super counter productive to MLife

Wy would they want people cashing in free vegas hotel rooms while thinking that blackjack is unbeatable?

13. joshrocker

joshrocker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’m not superstitious at all and I’ve had some rough luck in MyVegas blackjack. Enough that I’ve actually started to wonder if something was “off” with the game. It pains me to even think that but that dealer turns over a Blackjack pretty darn frequently.

14. onionhater

onionhater Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Because people have already spread the word that they have redeemed for rooms, show tickets, food, etc. That word spreads and more people start playing. People who weren't around for how things were before, when it was easier.

15. TheCanoe

TheCanoe Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You're not following me.

MLife created MyVegas to get people in to their properties. When they get to their properties they want people to spend money. The want people to gamble. They want people to play blackjack.

If your average 30 something woman playing myvegas / redeeming rewards thinks blackjack is impossible to beat (since it was so hard on MyVegas ) they aren't going to play live.

16. joshrocker

joshrocker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's probably because they would rather them play slots ;-)

17. TheCanoe

TheCanoe Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ha! Maybe!

I play a LOT of blackjack in life. The game on MyVegas seems extremely standard to me. Joshrocker at least came up with a plausible explanation

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.