1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Gold Coast buffet

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Gomar, Jan 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gomar

Gomar Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    just wanted to say that I liked their breakfast buffet. The Ommelletes, beef patty, desserts, were real good. Dont know about their lunch.

Strangely, desserts were made, but only 2 kinds were served.
    Also, Circus Circus had a fine buffet.

2. ernestoc33

ernestoc33 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Gold Coast has a great buffet for the price. The offerings are similar to its sister property the Orleans. I love their spring rolls.

3. 1LuckyMomma

1LuckyMomma High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Orleans is bigger and better. BUT, the prime rib buffet at Gold Coast was cheaper and awesome last time we went! The Chinese restaurant in the Gold Coast is supposed to be one of the best in Vegas.

4. jrinct1

jrinct1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am bit more of a fan of the Orleans but enjoyed the GC buffy for breakfast the time I went. Its a value play so take that into consideration.

5. Patripman

Patripman High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Since we mainly stay at Ballys we always hit either the Orleans or GC buffets several times during our stays due to the ease of getting to their shuttle. Though we are not picky we have always found the breakfast and dinner buffets at both places to be the best value for what is offered. We all pretty much would agree they are not at the level of Wynn or Bellagio but you cannot go wrong for breakfast at $5.99 or dinner at $9.99 with players card. If I remember the steak dinner buffet on Wednesday was very good with unlimited NY strips.

p

6. GeorgeJ.

GeorgeJ. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Although it's a haul from the Strip, Aliante breakfast buffet is same price as Gold Coast and is much better. Omlettes are excellent at Aliante; only OK at Gold Coast.

Is the Gold Coast dinner prime-rib buffet better than Sam's Town? I made the mistake of eating at Sam's last year when I was on the Boulder Strip at dinner time. Should have gone to the M and paid the $25. The prime rib was really poor quality at Sam's. I almost tried the dinner once at Gold Coast but ate at Rio instead...

7. Wistful Walt

Wistful Walt Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This subject is very timely for my wife & I. We will spending the nights of Feb. 2-5 at the Gold Coast and the next 10 at the Orleans. Breakfasts on the 3rd, 4th and 6th will be at the Gold Coast buffet, the 5th and the majority of breakfasts during our Orleans stay will be at their buffet. We will likely have 3 dinner buffets at the Gold Coast (3rd-5th), while we are there. Less than half our dinners at the Orleans will be at the buffet. We virtually never have anything more than an ice cream or a pizza slice for lunch.
    Our past experiences have led us to believe that while the breakfast buffets at both places are similar, for our wants/needs the Orleans buffet is better. One big advantage is that the Gold Coast on our last two trips has had only orange and cranberry for juices, I have also been able to get tomato or grapefruit at the Orleans. The omelets are both great. But we like eggs benedict on occasion, and the Gold Coast has never had it while we were there. The Orleans always has it, and usually a Mexican version as well which is very good. The Orleans also has some European sausage chunks that we like--have never seen it at the Gold Coast.
    We find little to choose between the two dinner buffets. But for dinner the Orleans has better other options for our needs than the Gold Coast. Aside from the buffets, both have the TGIF Friday outlets which we will likely patronize at least once at the Orleans. But for conventional dining the Gold Coast has the Cortez room, which we have never patronized. But their menu would suggest that they are in competition with the Courtyard Café (budget) and the Prime Rib Loft and Canal Street (for the more upscale). Courtyard meets our needs very well, and looks quite a bit cheaper than Cortez. We also enjoy the Prime Rib loft on the one or two occasions a trip we go there. I would love to go to Al's seafood place but my wife is allergic to most items on their menu. The Gold Coast has no seafood restaurant that I know of. Both have Mexican restaurants. We went to the Orleans one for a change of pace last fall. We won't do it again--Mexican food is not really our thing.
    Have never tried Ping Pang Pong at Gold Coast, but it looks like it would be quite a bit better and quite a bit more expensive than the Orleans competition for Oriental food.
    If this subject is still active in mid February I will post an update on current impressions. Doubt if they will change much from our October visit.

8. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I prefer the buffet at the Gold Coast. Aside from breakfast the reason I go to abuffet now is to have a huge salad. For the price, GC has a good variety of better quality offerings. I usually hit the salad bar 2 or 3 times. Then, I grab a little bit of their entrees and an ice cream usually for dessert. I prefer GC to Orleans. I don'[t think I've had a breakfast buffet at either tho.

jIMBO338

9. sco5123

sco5123 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes the salads, fruits, desserts and ice cream at Gold Coast are nice especially for the price.

CC, I personally would not return to.

10. ernestoc33

ernestoc33 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll have to agree there. I did like the breakfast more at GC than the Orleans. The price difference seems small, but over a week it adds up lol.

Sent from my Z740 using Forum Fiend v1.1.7.

11. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've actually found both the Gold Coast and Sams Town buffets to be surprisingly good for the price.

The prime rib I last had at the Sams Town buffet was very good. I would call it almost restaurant quality. You must have been on an off night.

12. azbob

azbob MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ping Pang Pong (at the GC) is not expensive at all...give it a try and thank me later.

I love the restaurant choices at the Orleans but, prefer the atmosphere and rooms at GC plus can always run over to Rio or Palms for some variety.

The steak restaurant in the CG is a hidden gem and a throw back to old Vegas.

Actually prefer the cheap sit down breakfast at TGIF's to the buffet but, either can be recommended.

13. chef

chef Resident Buffetologist

Indeed, Ping Pang Pong is a must try if staying at or near the GC. One of hidden gems in Vegas eating scene.
    Thanks for bringing up the GC and Orleans buffets. Will be staying at the Rio in a couple weeks and looking to get back to the GC buffet. Haven't been there for a few years. Maybe work an Orleans stop and of course, the best of that quadrant - the Palms buffet.

Walt,
    If you looking for some seafood at the GC, check out their seafood buffet on Friday. Did it once and we were quite satisfied with it for the price. It's been awhile, but they had decent-sized steamed crab legs. If you're wife has allergies to seafood, there would be plenty of other options for her on the buffet that night.

14. keno60

keno60 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have found the Orleans lunch buffet better than the GC but not by much. I remember them having cannoli's and gelato. Not so at the GC. Always enjoy the breakfast buffet at the GC. As you have been informed by other posters a good value. I have found the prime rib at the GC to vary in quality but again a great value. I have eaten at the Ping PP 4 times and always found it good. Hope you enjoy. Buon Appetito

15. CIrvine

CIrvine Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I really enjoy the weekend brunch at the Gold Coast.

16. ahart

ahart Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Walt - How was the buffet at the GC? We used to go there quite a lot when in Vegas but then it seemed to go downhill and haven't been there in a few years.

17. jrinct1

jrinct1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The only time I was there for a breakfast buffy.. I enjoyed it.

18. Sam in Ut

Sam in Ut High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Our recent trip the end of May consisted of high end dinner dining and breakfasts (we always skip lunches) at the Gold Coast, Orleans, and the South Point buffets. Of the three, South Point got the edge by a very small margin and we enjoyed the GC and Orleans about the same. We were staying at Caesars in the Augustus tower so we used their special valet on Flamingo which made exiting Caesars straight to the GC so easy and fast each morning. That alone made breakfasts not only very enjoyable but also saved the $ so we could splurge a bit more for our dinners.

19. theshaah

theshaah High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OMG I had the Prime Rib at the GC buffet and ended up eating 5 pieces! I had an AWFUL nights sleep that night lol...but the Prime Rib was EXCELLENT!!!

20. tinytim

tinytim Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Show your Players Card (B Connected) and get a discount. $2 off Breakfast brings it down to $5.99 + taxes.
    Tim
    T-5

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.