1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Rios' Cariocas, which tower?

Discussion in 'Off-Strip Hotels' started by tinytim, Jan 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tinytim

tinytim Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Staying at Rio in May for our Anniversary. We've stayed there a few times so I now the location etc etc...but my wife loves the pool there. We have a newer Samba Suite reserved BUT I was thinking of trying the old $20 trick to see if we can get a Cariocas jaccuzi suite.
    Which tower are they in?
    I've stayed in both towers but not a samba suite, which I know is in the Masquarade tower.

Tim
    T-40 MGM; Harrahs; Nascar & Tony Stewart
    and T-120 Rio and Rod Stewart haha

2. br549

br549 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I believe they are in the Ipanema Tower. I did the 20 dollar trick and got a regular renovated room in Ipanema Tower. I think it is a connector room to some type of suite. It has jacuzzi, stereo, dvd player, etc.

3. warpdrvr

warpdrvr Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a question about Rio's layout. The only time I've been there was for the buffet many years ago and I've never stayed there. We have a comp room for 5 nights in [strike]July[/STRIKE]June. The room is a Deluxe Studio Suite. I know it's basically just an extra large hotel room, but that's cool with me. My question is, does anyone know which tower the Deluxe Studio Suites are located in? I'd like to stay in the Ipanema tower for the proximity of the pool entrance as we are going, as I said, in July and it will be great pool weather.
    Thanks in advance!

Last edited: Feb 14, 2014
  4. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We stayed there in October and had a premium suite, it was in the Ipanema tower. The Deluxe rooms are their regular rooms, they are in both towers.. I specifically asked for Ipanema. No chance of noise from Voodoo, closer to the shuttle drop off and pool. The room was nice, nothing really special about it but nice.

5. warpdrvr

warpdrvr Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey Vic, thanks. The pool is the main reason I wanted to be in that tower. It's funny they call regular rooms Deluxe. I guess it's because they are all "suites". I've read around their slots are notoriously tight, so we will probably play next door at Gold Coast, across the street at Palms, or take the short drive to Orleans as we have our car when in town. Being a CET property, the VP (at the 25 cent level) probably sucks too. But will have to give some play so we can continue to get the few comps we do...

6. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah that's the nice thing about the Rio, right across the street is the Gold Coast with low minimums all the time. And the Palms, one of my favorite places.

7. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cariocas Suites go for $400 - $750 a night. You're not likely to have much luck getting one for $20.

8. wpete

wpete High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I also have 4 nights comped in May. Gonna bump up the $20 trick to $50 and see what happens.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.