1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Five50, Foundation Room & Aria Buffet

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by nameBRAND, Dec 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nameBRAND

nameBRAND Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It seems a slice of pizza @ Five50 is $20 + a draft beer is about $8. Is that right? A voucher almost worth $28 or is there a monetary limit for the reward? Also, is 30k LP worth it for the foundation room? I heard if you come early enough cover isn't necessary? Or is that untrue? Also, the 2 for 1 Aria lunch buffet is only 8k LP? But the two person free is 78k LP? Is there a catch? I guess I would rather pay $24 for the 2 for 1 lunch and use my other LP for the free pizza and foundation room. I only have about 50,000 LP as I am not really a hardcore player and want to get the best value for my LP count. Thanks :)

2. illdonk

illdonk Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A slice of pizza is definitely not $20 there. I can't find the menu but ate there and it was a more standard $5 or so price; you might be looking at an individual pie price.

I liked the Foundation Room. Terrific view, and kind of a club-lite for a non-clubgoer like me. I was going to buy the pass but ended up getting one free when I upgraded (for $20) from my free MyVegas Mandalay Bay room reward.

No catch on the buffet price, just the question of how many points you have and what you want to use them for. I spent 32500 for the two Shark Reef passes as opposed to 4K for a free companion ticket, since I had the points and didn't need them for anything else that would have been better than saving the price of one ticket.

3. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

A slice of pizza is like $5, then the beer is like $8. You get a slice and a beer at the counter, then there is places to stand and eat it. Not sitting down at the restaurant (two separate things). The website shows the menu for the restaurant, that's for a whole pizza. They gave me a voucher worth pizza and beer, not a monetary value. It is a good deal though.

I've never been to Foundation Room, but like any nightclub sometimes they charge, sometimes they don't.. sometimes there people walking around handing out free passes. I wouldn't go for those. Or just go to Mix, that's free I believe.

2 for 1 buffet, it's still gonna cost you probably $30 plus tip, their buffet isn't cheap. If you want it free, it's more LPs. I think their goal is to get to you to come spend money... they don't want to give people a "free trip" basically (can't really anymore with the crappy rewards). If you want something completely free, you have to work for it.

4. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Foundation Room totally depends on when you go. I find that the easiest thing to do, if you want to grab a few drinks and enjoy the view, is to head up there when the restaurant is still open (I think until 10-11pm); if you tell the host in the elevator lobby that you're going up to eat, they'll generally wave you on without asking further. Granted, I actually do go up there to eat, but it's a great spot for drinks and relaxing.

5. 16gauge

16gauge Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $20 is probably the price of the entire pizza.

I redeemed this reward on October. It is a decent size slice. Beer is a bottle of whatever they have in the fridge - pretty much basic stuff - I was able to grab a Sam Adams.

The walk-up counter seems to have the lowest priority for pizza as I had to go back three different times to finally have something available. Diners & carry-out orders will get priority over people buying a slice. Pizza was pretty decent when I finally got it.

6. nameBRAND

nameBRAND Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hmm. Thanks for the tips. I'll probably skip buying the foundation room tickets. I'll probably get the beer and pizza one. Not sure what else. I was hoping for a $50 food credit but it looks like they don't offer the 50klp for $50 anymore. Thanks again for the responses!

7. heatherlovesvegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is the food good? Never thought about eating there!

8. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Food is fantastic. I generally tend to just sit at the bar and order a couple of the small plates, and then maybe one or two more if I'm still hungry. The duck confit and crab cake are my favorites, but the pork belly tacos and that tuna thing are great too. The entrees look pretty good but I've never made to them.

9. dbueler

dbueler High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Aria brunch is certainly not cheap! I redeemed a reward for the 2 brunch buffets last week and the ticket showed $72 comp. Considering I ate a plate and a half of breakfast food, that's pretty steep! The food we ate was good, but i'd certainly not pay that much out of my own pocket.
    diane

10. Sklem211

Sklem211 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If it was last week, there's a good chance that they still had "holiday pricing" on and the prices were inflated for xmas week.

11. mattcloss

mattcloss Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    are the Aria lunch and dinner buffets valid on the weekend?

12. Scullygirl33

Scullygirl33 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No.
    I purchased the Dinner for two at Aria and it is only Valid Mon-Thur.
    Also, purchased the Breakfast or Lunch for two at Aria and it is Valid Mon-Fri.

13. heatherlovesvegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    hmm sounds good! I mean eating at regular House of Blues is usually very mediocre!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.