1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Bet the Farm-insurance

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by joshrocker, Jan 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joshrocker

joshrocker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How often do you guys take the insurance in Bet the Farm? I'd rarely took it in the beginning and had pretty good luck. Now i'm hitting disaster fairly frequently so i've been taking it quite often now.

2. swuulumm

swuulumm Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Never taken (or even seen) it..

When does it show up?

3. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I take insurance every single time.

4. g8rb8k8

g8rb8k8 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I do the same as Lola.....insurance every time unless I decide to take what is given in the spin

5. Smo

Smo Mr. Las Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It depends on the cost of the insurance, how much I have already won, and what the next set of payouts on the wheel are.
    It's a complicated mathematical equation, but yes, sometimes I do take it! :evillaugh

6. joshrocker

joshrocker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When ever you play the bonus game in bet the farm, you spin the first wheel. If you decide to "bet the farm" you'll spin again. Before that second spin, it will ask if you want insurance. It will vary on the limits you're playing. I usually play for 170 a spin and it's usually $500 insurance for a $1500 payout. Sometimes it will be $500 for a $2500 payout. I always take it then.

7. joshrocker

joshrocker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    :) This is how I was playing it for awhile. Pretending I was a math genius!

8. jbee

jbee Low-Roller

Disaster is my middle name. I have always taken the insurance. It has paid off for me.

9. TequilaCat

TequilaCat Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You should always spin again IF - you don't hit the white space, and the white space is still available after the disaster spaces appear. You should always take insurance if you can afford it. On subsequent spins, you collect if the amount you won is equal to or greater than the amount you would get for the disaster landing, if it is less than that amount, you spin again.

Example: (at the $1700ish bet level - which gives you the best return in terms of LP gains) You spin and do not land on the white spot (let's say you land on $8000), and the white space is still available - Spin again and take insurance, which costs $5000 for $15000 usually. Second Spin lands on $12000. You spin again, because that is LESS than what you would get if disaster strikes. If the second spin landed on $20000 though, you would collect.

I hope that is clearer than mud :)

10. Nina_930

Nina_930 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always take the insurance unless I like what I got the first spin. The money you spend on insurance also gets added to your XP.

11. Shades

Shades Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I almost always take the Insurance. Even though at times I end up regretting it.

:cool:

12. feeltheheat

feeltheheat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yes, it counts against the XP and the chinese new year puzzle.
    i take insurance everytime i dont hit the max spot the first spin.

13. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I never take what's given in the first spin. This game brings out all my degenerate qualities that I don't use in real life because I'm really cheap. I'm not conservative at all in that game. I try to go to bed with a zero balance of chips. I've gone from zero to a couple hundred grand back to zero. My husband plays as if it's his money and he's not been doing nearly as well as I have.

14. Lady Fortuna

Lady Fortuna Blessed with luck and ignorance...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I never bet the farm, if I won one of the highest prices already anyway.
    But when I do bet the farm, I always take the Insurance.

:beer:

15. vegasnut

vegasnut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always take insurace, foremost if you are betting big it pays out to insure yourself
    With disaster you only get almost nothing but your crops are lost too
    And with insurance sometimes its even better when you hit disaster than a low price
    So overall its smarter to do insurance
    When betting really small i would say go for it

16. TXTriper

TXTriper Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wondered why my calculations were coming up weird. I had no idea the insurance increased XP.

I started playing this game more frequently starting this week. I take the insurance anytime the first spin is $2000 or less. I have been playing at $340 a spin, so the insurance will pay $3,000 or $5000 if you hit a disaster. You pay the $1000 plus you give up anything you would have won after the first spin. On the second spin, if a disaster strikes at the $3000 level of insurance, you essentially break even. If no disaster, you can spin again. I think that the worst you can do on the last spin is $2,000, so you could lose a little by going for it, but now that I know I am still gaining some XP, it doesn't hurt as much.

17. da1chifan

da1chifan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always take insurance. You get XP from the cost of insurance, so there's really no reason not to get it.

Also, you will eventually figure out what the insurance will cost/pay out when you see the initial biggest chip wedge before spinning.

18. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I never bet the farm, I just collect the first offer and get back to the game.

19. illdonk

illdonk Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's usually worth it both for the insurance payment, as well as not having a near-full load of crops wiped out before the big payout.

20. emmas

emmas VIP Whale

Unless I don't have enough, I always buy insurance if I decide not to collect on the first spin. When I first started playing, i would often gamble and hated when disaster wiped out my crops. Those crops have often saved me when the bonus is not hitting.

I need all the luck I can get!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.