1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Remember Hurricane Mikey?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by KimberlyJ, Jan 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KimberlyJ

KimberlyJ Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I remember a few years back (probably longer) about a guy who used to be a dealer in Vegas and had his own blog. He was a very funny guy and I loved reading his trip reports. I heard he moved back to Tennessee, but does anyone know what happened to him? Does he ever go to Vegas? I miss that guy.:cry:

2. joshrocker

joshrocker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I remember him. He was extremely active here and went to Vegas to follow his dreams. I'd be curious to see how he's doing also.

3. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  4. KimberlyJ

KimberlyJ Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I saw that . . . but it looks like it was from May, 2013. I was hoping someone had a more recent update.

5. IWannaBeInVegas

IWannaBeInVegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep I loved reading his reports. Often have wondered what he has been up to

6. earth-3

earth-3 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I joined one about one year before Mikey went out to Las Vegas. He was licensed with a New York brokerage and gave that position up to become a BJ dealer. He wasn't sure if this move would be the right one for him or not. He must be in his late thirties by now. I wonder if he has regrets? He was well known for his descriptive posts prior to moving there. He was our number one entertainment on the forum. He responded to a post last year on the board, but that was the last time I heard his name come up until now. He seems to have disappeared off the planet since then.

7. RebelDiceMan

RebelDiceMan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, I remember HM. He had some lively posts and I enjoyed reading them.

8. Thor

Thor Beer Drinker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    he is still alive and well...he is into hiking now...going to do the appalachian trail soon...all 1000+ miles...i'm a friend of his on the dreaded facebook...:beer::beer::beer:

9. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Since he hasn't updated his blog since May, I googled his name & came across a link to a chat room that said something serious or embarrassing had happened & he "disappeared". The details were pretty vague but guess he is laying low..... I know I used to really enjoy his blog when he was in LV. I remember that very shortly after he returned home to Tennessee, he had a major health crisis and almost died.

10. Beach Crazy

Beach Crazy Hostess With the Mostess

Mikey is alive and doing fine. He did go through some horrible health issues but is happy and healthy in Tennessee. He Will make it back to Vegas someday, just not sure when.

11. HurricaneMikey

HurricaneMikey A-List Buffoon

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey y'all! My ears were burning today, so I thought I'd check in and say hello. First of all, I'm alive and doing well. I'm still in Nashville, for the next couple of months at least. After my *very* serious health scare back in 2010, I've come a long way. The old Hurricane Mikey website/blog is pretty much an abandoned relic, overgrown with weeds and odd wildlife, kinda like Chernobyl. I'm working on a NEW project for your reading pleasure, which will be revealed pretty soon. Unfortunately, it's a work in progress and my ability to update it will be limited at best because of my situation.

A few of you knew that I was planning on hiking the Appalachian Trail this year, well over a thousand miles (actually 2185.3, if you want to be precise), and that's true. It's on. I got some excellent news this past week regarding my hike, too, which I've only told a couple of people until now. I was chosen as one of ten Trail Ambassadors for several gear companies. Basically, they're sponsoring us and outfitting us with new gear, and I'll be testing it and reporting on it as I go. It's a great opportunity and I'm very excited. So yeah, I'll have a public-access Facebook page that I can share brief updates about my whereabouts whenever I get a wireless signal, but whenever I hit a town and have access to wifi, I'll be updating full-on blog posts with pictures and such, reporting my adventures in great detail.

All links will be provided soon.

But I was just telling Thor--it's nice to know that people still care. I had a rough go of it for a long time, but I'm back and better than ever. I miss me some Vegas (although I snuck out there this past March), and I look forward to visiting again. And I miss the daily random Vegas-addicted posts that I used to enjoy so much. But my head is in a different place right now. I'm hoping that some of you will follow my adventure.

Peace!

Mikey

12. Gambler1

Gambler1 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good to hear from you Mikey. A couple of months ago, I took the time to read every single one of your blog posts. Thank you for keeping me entertained for weeks as I read it all.

Glad to hear your are still well. Let us know if and when you decide to publish your tell all book. I would gladly buy it.

13. JuliaNPete

JuliaNPete Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mikey!
    You're like an old friend....that we never met. LOL
    Good luck & fortune with everything.
    We're rooting for ya in Moore county, TN.
    Julia & Pete

14. Guy

Guy Captain of the Heads

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mikey's trip reports were what got me interested in VMB in the first place.

I've still got one of his Skull and Crossbones "Hurricane Mikey's Bar and Brothel" t-shirts somewhere....

Easter 2024
  15. KimberlyJ

KimberlyJ Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    MIKEY!!! Oh, how we've missed you! Your trip reports and writing style were classic! I remember getting so excited when I would see you posted something new and entertaining! Make sure you let us know when your book is out and thanks for updating your fans!:nworthy:

16. DaveP

DaveP VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Let him know some of us older VMB-ers say "hi".

17. sporty8705

sporty8705 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    so your taking the year or more off to go hike!?

18. chef

chef Resident Buffetologist

It's funny how the board has changed over the years. Us oldtimers can tell stories about Mike to the newbies and they would have no idea what we were talking about.
    Now we got guys like natedog, Beejay, Gaggles, etc. stepping to the forefront and providing entertainment for the troops.
    I guess what we've been doing all these years is taking a never-changing message (Vegas hijinks and bufoonery) to an ever-changing culture.

19. Julie888

Julie888 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mikey, on to your next life adventure. You're fortunate that time in Vegas was part of it. You were always a good read. I'm ready for the next chapter.

20. Morpheus7272

Morpheus7272 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks...

Thanks for checking in, Mikey....you were one of the reasons I joined the board. Hope you keep doing well and that 2014 is good for you!

Dave

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.