1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

No longer receive CET offers after a booking!

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Jordan, Jan 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jordan

Jordan Caveman

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So I've been getting TONS of offers since we got back from our trip in December, I'd log into TR website and see new offers almost daily.

The $375 in FP + $250 GC for Bed Bath and Beyond and up to 5 nights comp'd at Caesars in Augustus Tower Luxury Room finally got me, so I booked for 2nd weekend in Feb.

Since I booked, I have received zero offers from CET, came to a full stop after I booked, so....a question and a point!

Q - Is this common practice for CET, offers stop until you finish your existing reservation?

Observation - In the future I'll wait until the very last min to see if any better offers roll in before booking one early on in my planning!

2. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That has not been my experience--I nearly always have a pending reservation and offers keep rolling in...

3. Jordan

Jordan Caveman

Trips to Las Vegas:
    hmmm, weird, maybe cause my reservation is only 3 weeks away?

4. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mine is for Sunday, new offers showed up this week

5. LA2VegasTrekkers

LA2VegasTrekkers High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree that this is not what I've experienced. It could just be a coincidence...

6. Peachiekeehn

Peachiekeehn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've found that usually once I have a trip booked I get a lot more offers for dates right around when I'm already booked.

7. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Along with offers, free rooms usually can be had by just going to the rate calendar and NOT using offer codes. Of course, if you have an offer with some additional goodies, then use it.

8. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i get free offers weekly even with rooms booked a year out and im local

9. Jordan

Jordan Caveman

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's official then.....just a coincidence!

Thanks for chiming in everybody!

The reason I ask, is I'm going to try and do at least 4 trips to Vegas in 2014. I just got back from the Wife's birthday trip, going in February, hopefully April and have a long one planned for the summer (June 25th - July 13th, first 6 days are for a work conference but the rest is party time as we are going to get remarried for our 10th anniversary)!

Being from the east coast of Canada, airfare usually determines the exact dates we go, so I'd like to be able to work that around offers!

On a slightly different topic, thinking of my June-July trip, CET will only COMP 5nights up front, so my upcoming trip we are staying at the Palazzo for a day and I will give them some fairly good play with hopes of seeing some sort of an offer that I can use this summer! we will see how that works out!

Once again, Thanks for the responses!

10. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looking at going that time in July also - hotel already booked but no comp nights showing (low roller)...but have got comped nights before.

Do you find that CET does more than normal comp rooms in June?

11. Jordan

Jordan Caveman

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looking at going that time in July also - hotel already booked but no comp nights showing (low roller)...but have got comped nights before.
    I'm not sure to be honest, maybe someone who frequents Vegas more than me can chime in...

12. Viva Las Vegas

Viva Las Vegas Elvis has left the building

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Beyond the calendar rooms, I had several offers for tournaments stretching to June. I booked a June offer for a tournament @ The Flamingo, but cancelled to take advantage of five comped days at Caesars Palace. I also booked a five day block at PHo in August.

When I log in today, all of my Tournament offers after March disappear. That coincides with my Platinum ranking disappearing in March. I earned less than 2,000 tier points in 2013. I can still book rooms throughout 2014, but all offers ceased beyond March. I assumed that is based on my downgraded April status (to Gold), but I'm not sure.

13. domeboy

domeboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Another point is that there were a lot of offers for december because it is a slow time after the rodeo. I have reservations for next week, and they have slowed down a little......but, I think it is just because January is a little busier and they don't need to give so many offers.

14. Funkhouser

Funkhouser In Charge of the Big Door

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't try to understand the CET marketing system. They usually will not penalize you for an offer which you booked but have not used. I have given them heavy plan and been ignored during summer months before where I expected offers due to my ADT. Instead cross market offers kicked in, so I went to New Orleans, San Diego, and Chicago.

After less than average play in Q3 and Q4 my box is getting flooded for LV offers, similar to yours but not as good. Right now I have 3 trips booked for Q1 and 2 for LV. With $800 to $1000 in upfront comps (Room, FP, and promotion) its dumb not to suck up as much as you can when you can.

15. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My experience has been that when I have a reservation, I don't see new offers that cover my reservation period. My observation is that they are doing what they can to keep most players from cancelling and rebooking to take advantage of a better offer. I think that if you have several offers booked, they will also slow down offers in general until you start using offers and they can re evaluate your play. They don't want to commit to free rooms all year to someone who ends up short playing them and they seem to try to not rescind reservations on the books.

16. Jordan

Jordan Caveman

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just logged in and noticed a new offer, but I have NO idea what it means. This was the offer:
    -------------------------------------------------
    no com event redemption2
    Events Offer

Valid 2/6/2014 - 2/27/2014
    -------------------------------------------------

Anyone have ANY idea what this is?

17. sporty8705

sporty8705 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have NO offers for Vegas, at all. Not even the freakin Quad. That is sad. I play at my local Harrahs and get room comps there on occasion, but my Vegas ones dried up for some stupid reason, i don't get it. I have the low cost rooms but not from the Quad.. idk what the heck gives.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.