1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Trip Report from 1/11-1/13 The Quad

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by CanesNPhins, Jan 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CanesNPhins

CanesNPhins Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

I recently returned from a short solo trip from Vegas. The goal of this trip was to play poker, watch and bet on football, and have a quick getaway. I flew out CLT on Saturday morning. I arrived in Vegas around 2:00. Quick cab ride to The Quad (no long haul, I had my GPS on and made sure he knew). Got checked in quickly. Just a nonsmoking king room on the 11th floor over looking Caesers. . Not much of a view though. Unpacked quickly and headed to Margaritaville for a quick bite to eat. Then, to Flamingo to play some poker. Well, I played for a long time. I hit a high hand jackpot and ended up winning a couple hundred or so. I was getting tired so I headed back to my room. When I arrived back to the room, I didn't realize what time it was (2:00 AM).

Up at 7:00 AM! Can't sleep in Vegas. Called home to check in and headed out. I was talking to some dealers about the NFL games and I decided to make a parley bet before heading to The Mirage for some 3-6 poker. Well, I placed 20 on a three team parley. I chose San Fran, the under for Den/SD game, and SD plus the points. I had never placed a sports bet before. It was easy filling out the ticket and turning it in. Much to my surprise, the ticket said that I would win 100 and collect 120. Well, headed to the Mirage to eat the Buffett courtesy of MyVegas. Much to my surprise, it was champagne brunch. Well, this was my second visit to the Mirage buffet. Breakfast was better than dinner but had I paid 30 for it. I would have been upset. Mimosa to go? Why yes, I love this town. I played poker during the Car/SF game. I won a drawing after the second quarter that paid 125. Woo hoo! Cashed out of the poker room for about 200 more than I bought in for. Walked around osheas and the Linq area. Headed back to the Flamingo and watched the SD/Den game while playing more poker. After the game, I got up and headed to collect my winning parley bet. Walked around trying to decide where to eat. I ended up at Carlos n Charlie's. I should have went somewhere else. I wasn't impressed. Well, not much more time in Vegas so what am I to do. Well, I put some money in my wife's wheel of fortune machine using her card to keep her points active until she can get back. Well, I headed back to the poker room to play some more. Nothing exciting this time. Poker room was kind of dead Sunday night. I had an early flight out Monday so I turned in early Sunday night. Well, 11. Lol.

Uneventful ride to LAS and trip home. While I wasn't there long, I still enjoyed my trip to the Mecca. Counting the days until I can return.

Thanks for reading!

2. Thor

Thor Beer Drinker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    nice...quick...fun...successful...not bad...:beer::beer::beer:

3. jamesxnj

jamesxnj VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Canes and Fins fan living in NC? Nice report and you did fit in a lot over the short weekend

4. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good amount of action in a short amount of time.

Good job hitting a high hand jackpot right after CET ditched the idiotic "Megabeat".

And yeah Carlos and Charlies is quite disappointing, imo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.