1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

E-Boarding passes

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by IWannaBeInVegas, Jan 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IWannaBeInVegas

IWannaBeInVegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does anyone here use the E-Boarding pass on their mobile device, if so does it work well? I have the Delta app and that is an option for my flight and I am wanting to use it but would hate to hold up a line if it had issues.

2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No problem with the system that I have seen. All the podiums where the agent checks tickets have the scanner.

Only hold up is people that do not have their phone ready.

3. nbdysreal

nbdysreal Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Works great. I've used it on several airlines, most recently delta. Just make sure you have the app up and ready when you approach the stand. To make it easier you can screen shot the qr code screen and just pull up the picture, then you don't have to worry about the app loading.

4. vegas_or_bust

vegas_or_bust High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I fly all the time for work. I have never used it, but I have seen a lot of folks that do use that method.

Just make sure that you have your phone out and ready to go. Nothing irks other passengers more than somebody trying to use the E-ticket that doesn't know what they are doing and/or isn't prepared when it's their turn.

5. IWannaBeInVegas

IWannaBeInVegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the responses.

6. Kickin

Kickin Flea

I use it whenever I can and it works great. If you have an iPhone and its in your Passbook it will stay available on your home/lock screen with a single swipe until your flight departs so it is super quick to get to. I also take a screenshot of it like nbdysreal mentioned just in case it doesn't load at the gate for some reason. Its nice because if anything changes to your boarding pass you don't need to reprint it, this version just updates automatically.

You can scan it at their podium yourself too instead of handing them your phone, in fact they prefer you do that from what I've noticed.

7. nbdysreal

nbdysreal Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was reading somewhere that it's illegal for them to touch your phone. Granted, if you hand it to them, its on you. But they can't just take it to scan it.

8. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been using my Android phone for a couple years and have never had a problem with boarding passes. However, that's probably because I always print out a paper boarding pass at home and a return pass at the kiosks in McCarran. I figure that as long as I have a backup, there's no way my phone will screw up!

9. FullBoat

FullBoat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What happens when there's 2 people for the flight under the same reservation? Does it give you 2 different QR codes on the same phone? Or does it need to send one to each phone? If it makes any difference I'm taking AA.

10. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ms. Gecko and I often travel under the same reservation. When it's time to check-in (24 hours prior to departure), we each have to do so separately. We can then designate our individual email addresses to receive our e-boarding passes and print hard copies. (We can do that separately on our own computers or one of us can check-in both and print both boarding passes using the same computer.) It's exactly the same when using the boarding pass kiosks at McCarran on the way back. Both names will come up if they're on the same reservation, but each of us gets our own boarding pass. Couldn't be simpler!

11. lotso-bear

lotso-bear VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As Turtleman said, they usually send the boarding pass to two e-mails that you list. From there, you just have to open the mobile boarding pass from the e-mail. The easiest method is to set up an AAdvantage account for each passenger and access your boarding pass from the AAdvantage mobile app.

This is what I always do since I fly American and United quite often. The biggest perk of the mobile boarding pass is that you can just go straight to the security checkpoint if you're not checking any bags. Absolutely convenient, especially if you have Pre-Check as well since you can be in the secured area within 5 minutes after arriving to the airport.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.