1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Flights From MSP

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by zamboni, Jan 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So, my brother calls me the other day. Spirit has flights for $30 each way, I think he is full of it so I look and he isn't lying. I don't book and poof next day back up to $99 each way. Dammit. Vent over :cry:

2. DBear

DBear VIP Bear

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How often do they have these deals? MSP might be an airport I'll use in the coming years due to a work transfer. I saw $199 for Sun Country(?). I thought that was a deal compared to what I'm used to paying now ($500-650 per person).

3. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not sure, but I will be keeping my eye open more now. You do have to belong to that $9 flight club, but my brother belongs and has said it paid for itself 4 times in the past 12 months, so it is worth it.

4. saintpauljeff

saintpauljeff VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What days of the week and times of the day was this?

$99/one way is a great deal from MSP

5. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The specific dates I checked were Feb 16-20.

6. saintpauljeff

saintpauljeff VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yeah, this will never work for me, Sun-Thur is never my itinerary for Vegas

7. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like to save money on flights and hotels, weekends are too crowded, and I'm not a partier so I try to avoid weekends.

8. DBear

DBear VIP Bear

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like weekdays too. Still enough crowds for me then. Easier to get show tix and restaurant reservations during most weekdays. I look forward to seeing how MSP prices shape up this year.

9. WHITEJACKET73

WHITEJACKET73 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've flown with Spirit out of MSP 4 times last year; cheapest round trip fare was $59.80 (I'm not a $9 fare member). If you watch their website frequently, you can usually pick up a RT fare for less than $140. I have a small tote bag that fits under the seat, so it qualifies as a personal item(no baggage charge). I can fit a couple of pairs of slacks and several shirts, plus all of the personal type items...enough for a 3-4 day solo trip. The lowest fares flying out of MSP is usually on a Tuesday, with the cheapest return from LAS on Saturdays.

10. lostfido

lostfido I push my fingers into my eyes

Trips to Las Vegas:
    we fly out of MSP and I have been getting $200 flights lately. I am a Skymiles and Rapid Reward member so I stick to Delta and Southwest.

Spirit has e-mail deals all the time plus I get daily notifications from Kayak on the current prices, but my last half dozen trips have been booked after an alert from Airfarewatchdog.

Sun Country is a great option out of MSP, I would do that also but I try to stick to my highest mileage balance programs rather than spreading it out too much.

Leaving Friday @ 7:00 a.m for a few days at MB, looks like -4 but no snow to worry about!

11. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have done Delta and Sun Country both several times, and they are both good. I flew Spirit in October and had no problems and saved a ton of cash over the other two. Unless Southwest starts direct flights I will never fly them to Vegas. I like to get there in 3 hours, not 6+ the Southwest flights seem to take.

12. WHITEJACKET73

WHITEJACKET73 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just booked a fare on Sun Country for $200 RT MSP to LAS in May. Leave on a Monday mid-afternoon and return on Friday evening. Hopefully I can get a 1st class upgrade at the counter when I check in...cost around $130. They waive the checked bag fee, serve a decent in-flight meal, board first, de-plane first and I get to consume many free cocktails. I get some envious looks from the people in coach as they board and see me sitting in my comfortable first class seat, happily sipping on my gin and tonic.

13. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, aren't those Sun Country upgrades to first class nice. I did that twice last summer on flights back from Orlando. $89. I always bring my iPad, but I did have fun with their digi-pad thing (I think that's what they called it).

I booked my June airfare a few months ago through Delta. I got the lowest price I've had in years. $225, and it actually went down to $199 after that.

14. WHITEJACKET73

WHITEJACKET73 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I paid $199 for my airfare on Delta for my upcoming March trip. Spirit just sent me an e-mail and I could fly RT Feb 10-14 for just $77.89. Granted, I would have to take their late evening flight out and return on the redeye, but the price is very tempting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.