1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Where to stay.....

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Gutzy, Dec 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gutzy

Gutzy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In the past we have usually stayed at Bally's because of the location (and we really like that they let you bring your own drinks into the pool!). We are in the beginning stages of planning a trip for 2014 (probably September) with a large group (ages 25-55). The group will be very diverse. Some like to gamble, some like to chill at the pool all day, some like to party, etc. Not really afraid of walking. Where should we look into staying? We don't want to spend a lot---would like keep cost down for hotel. My first thoughts were MGM or Monte Carlo. What would all of you "experts" suggest? We have lots of time to decide and watch for deals.

2. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is there a reason you aren't considering Bally's again? With that diverse of a group you won't find the "perfect" place. As you said Bally's has a great location and it's always affordable. MC and MGM are both good places, MGM is nicer IMO.

3. kps

kps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Love Monte Carlo when we stayed MDW 2012. With a large crowd you may want to do one of the cabanas as the pricing is very reasonable. Can go from 2 people to 20. Pricing is not like the mega pools, it's depending on when you are going if you decide to stay there and if you want to do one of the cabanas set it up early by contacting the concierege. They will email you all of the options and pricing for weekdays and weekends.

Also stayed at Aria. When we stayed there MDW 2011 we were able to bring our drinks to the pool as long as they were in one of their Aria plastic drink cups that they had at the towel station at the door.

Had a blast this past July at Harrahs. Centrally located and date depending prices are extremely reasonable. We got free access to the GO Pool at Flamingo by showing our room key and we are the bottom of the barrel card people who rarely gamble.

Visited MGM pool in July where friends were staying. Great pools but because we are about location, even though there is the monorail, we like to just walk out of our hotel and start walking. Doesn't fit our set up to stay there.

Hope this helps.

4. tinytim

tinytim Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Find out who in your group has player cards and perhaps even a host.
    Paris and Ballys combo is a gr8 idea. NYNY / Monte Carlo? If pools are important, then Bally's, MGM and Flamingo are good, fairly inexpensive choices. You will NOT please everyone! Trust me!!

5. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:

Those that can already get free rooms may have some ideas. And, I would not be surprised if some stay at a different hotel anyways. Not sure what is "large" as to the group, but maybe they will wind up doing different things anyways?

6. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You cannot even take you own water into MC, so if that is a signifigant part of your pool expericence you may be bummed.

7. degeneratewho

degeneratewho Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    from those 2 choices, id pick mgm. I usually stay at signature though if I stay at mgm. Mandalay Bay isn't bad either.

8. Gutzy

Gutzy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    MGM or Bally's?

Thanks for all of the input. We do like Bally's but have stayed there the last 3 times and just want to try a new place. Not crazy about the location of MGM but the pools sound great. Like the idea of the lazy river at the MGM. The thing that keeps bringing me back to Bally's is the $$. Such a good deal! Also like that Bally's is easy to bring outside beverages in. How does MGM deal with that?

9. Gutzy

Gutzy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    After looking at prices/deals we are leaning away from the MGM. For a lot less you can stay at either Bally's or Flamingo so even though it seems like we always go back to these we will probably do it again. Now just have to decide which of these two. Flaming is a little cheaper and am thinking that the 20-some gang would probably like that pool better. Opinions?

10. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can't bring your own drinks into the Flamingo pool.

5 beers for $25 at Flamingo pool.

Gaming (BJ and craps) at Flamingo pool.

I'd stay at the Flamingo.

I was at Bally's last MDW and it is more of a pool to sit and read a book.

The next day we paid to get into the Flamingo pool

11. kel3420

kel3420 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm going to take take a guess and bet you will end up at Ballys. Lol

We always do whenever we have a group.

:beer:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.