1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Question re-name on facebook

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by LolaDoggie, Jan 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a very silly question but I'm hoping I get some help anyway. I honestly can't remember if I asked this question before or not.

I hate facebook. When I say I hate it. I mean a kind of hatred that I should probably ask a mental health professional about. I spent close to a year back in 2009-2010 trying to get the settings just right so I could hate it less. But, that never worked out so I quit.

Last week my husband started playing and he's already earned some cool freebies. It's no secret how much I love my bargains and coupons. I'm thinking about getting on there and earning some freebies since I'm still off work.

Here's my problem and my question; I still hate facebook and don't want to be on there. I want to be able to cash in my winnings. If I'm friends with my huband on facebook and I share coins with him etc, I don't want to expose myself to friends/family on facebook. Does my facebook name have to match my ID?

2. good4uccm

good4uccm Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i believe so

I believe that when u go to redeem your points the name on the MyVegas has to match your ID, Facebook allows you to change your name i believe once a year, I currently have a made up name on Facebook for the same reasons you probably have, i plan on changing Facebook to my real name right before i redeem my points When i head to Vegas in April! I am hopping it works or I might be out of 150k points i accumulated the past 9 months!

3. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So, if I'm sharing/transferring to/with my husband, and he's on facebook as himself which matches his ID. Do I ever have to reveal myself?

4. good4uccm

good4uccm Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yes

Yes when you go to redeem your points. Your name has to match also. From how i read the info on MyVegas and from what i have heard from other people who have redeemed them.

5. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My husband said something about transferring my coins to my husband and then he redeems them. Does my name still have to match for that kind of thing?

6. billyinpg

billyinpg Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not true,

My girlfriend and I both hate facebook as much as anyone so we both use an alias on it. We have both redeemed rewards on three separate trips with no questions asked.

As long as you can show ID that matches up with your Mlife card you are good to go. The Mlife card is what you claim the reward with.

No you don't transfer you gold and you can't transfer even if you wanted to. All you need is an Mlife card, if you don't have one you can sign up for one online.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2014
  7. good4uccm

good4uccm Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    im confused

I'm so confused now, I'm just going to call Mlife lol. Might be easier for me!

8. pebbles

pebbles Micro Roller.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You definitely don't need your facebook name and ID to match.

9. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Alright. I took the plunge. Don't even have my husband as a friend so there's no chance of getting caught. I'm trying to add friends so it's less suspicious though. I guess I love Vegas more than I hate facebook.

10. billyinpg

billyinpg Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wouldn't worry about it most of my friends seem to have myVegas for a last name:evillaugh:

In all honesty I've never heard of someone being denied due to a name issue.:beer:

11. npom

npom VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can use any name you want to on facebook. I actually play on a facebook page that I set up for my daughters dog as a joke. The damn dog has more friends then I do! When you actually purchase a reward on myvegas you will put in your real name and email address. The name on the confirmation has to match the name on the m life account.

12. Kickin

Kickin Flea

I don't use facebook for various reasons either but I created a fake account to play MyVegas. I haven't done much with it but I did redeem a couple of the small rewards with no issue. It has my name but not my full legal name, just my nickname. I also don't have a single profile detail or friend on it. My girlfriend sends me chip links through the message system, I send them to her the same way. She puts my links up on some board she's a member of and then I get all these random people gifting me chips as well. I'm not sure how that works but you don't need to be friends with anyone.

When you purchase the reward you put your name in at that time, on the reward purchase. So I put my real name in there but not in facebook. At the MLife desk they actually have all the awards you bought in their system under your account, with the reward codes. All they are looking for is to make sure you are the person matching that MLife account.

13. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've already got some game buddies and have joined a few groups. I don't have any real friends on there. It's good, I'm happy so far.

14. pebbles

pebbles Micro Roller.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    PM sent.

15. sweetcanadian

sweetcanadian High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you get 51 friends then you can get 500% bonus each day with the wheel.

16. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I joined facebook with an alias. I became a degenerate and racked up some points. I called Mlife and made sure I was set up properly before trying to redeem any points. I redeemed the points and saw that you enter your real info at that point. That info matches my ID. I was able to find a lot of like minded individuals to be friends with on there and we're all profiting from each other.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.