1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

What's Changed?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by chicagosox, Jan 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tuna

Tuna High-Roller

So it's been a few years since I've been to Vegas. Long story short, I got addicted quick. After a handful of trips I landed in Vegas and I had the same feeling when I would land in Ohare. No excitement. I'm just here. I planned a couple trips in the past year but for whatever reason I had to cancel. I'm finally going to be able to get back in a few weeks and have noticed The Quad, The D, etc…just a handful of changes since I've been gone. I really want this trip to be different so I'm staying at a property I've never been in, I want to eat at restaurants I've never been to, etc…I don't want the trip to be focused completely on gambling.

With that being said, price really isn't an issue (within reason of course). What are some new experiences I can have that weren't around a few years ago, Restaurants that are must go to's, shows, etc…?

I'm 35/M Going basically solo. I'll know people that are in but they're there for work so we won't be spending a lot of time together.

As for shows I've been to. None. Restaurants? Everything in V/P, PH and MB. In the past eating was an afterthought. It was gambling first, everything else 2nd. I rarely left wherever I stayed.

Admins, if this needs to be moved somewhere else I apologize.

Thanks for any tips in advance!

2. vegas_or_bust

vegas_or_bust High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Show: Absinthe. Best show I have ever seen in Vegas. Comedy, acrobatics, nudity. Great for a 35 yr old male (assuming you don't have delicate sensibilities).

Restaurant: Two new (or somewhat new) casual restaurants that I really like are Holsteins in Cosmo and Pub 1842 in MGM. Holsteins is a burger restaurant/bar that has excellent food at a decent price. Could certainly eat at the bar there as well. Pub 1842 is an upcale bar/pub with great foods, awesome drinks. There is pretty good bar scene there as well, which is good for solo travelers.

A more upcsale restaurant that I enjoyed last trip was American Fish at Aria. Great food, great drinks. Nice bar area there as well.

3. Tuna

Tuna High-Roller

Thank you! I'll give that show a try.

4. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Show: Absinthe. Best show I have ever seen in Vegas. Comedy, acrobatics, nudity. Great for a 35 yr old male (assuming you don't have delicate sensibilities).
    ......our 40 something kids LOVED this show. We are kind of partial to LOVE & Jersey Boys which are both great.

BurGR at PH is sooooo good.....been there maybe a year. The Ling is partially opened now with a few shops and restaurants. O'Shea's has reopened there too. Good luck and hope you have a great time!!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.