1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Middle of the strip cheapest hotel?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Backagain1, Jan 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Backagain1

Backagain1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are looking to stay in the middle somewhat of the strip this summer as to avoid a rental car. Can someone tell me what might be the least expensive hotel to look for and any deals I might be able to find?

Thank you

2. wigwam_salesman

wigwam_salesman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Planet Hollywood (for under 40's) or Paris (for over 40's).

The age suggestions are just a rough guideline.

3. Caesar

Caesar Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cheapest Hotel

Look no further than The Quad - excellent location in center of strip.
    It is a CET hotel so just their website.

4. rdunc311

rdunc311 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have had decent deals from the Mirage in the past in the summer. Nice pool scene. May get a discount if you're an MLife member.

5. Backagain1

Backagain1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you both. We are over 40. Over 50...

What does CET mean?

6. bridaman

bridaman Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    CET

I believe it means Ceasar's Entertainment, it is a property owned by Ceasar's. The Quad would be the cheapest I would think unless you got some kind of discount or comp.

7. hillwood24

hillwood24 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Probably The Quad. But read the Trip Advisor reviews first...

8. Backagain1

Backagain1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you everyone, off to read the reviews.

9. djcoach

djcoach Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    By that point the Quad will no longer be the cheapest. With all the renovations a lot of people will be surprised at how nice it is. It is already around same price as Harrahs for March and should keep going up. Harrahs will probably be more inexpensive.

Is Location your main point? Cause if it is Flamingo, Harrahs and Quad are probably your three most center that are lower priced. Ballys will probably fall into that category as well.

The MGM property that would fit that criteria would probably have to be Mirage but probably a little more pricy than the Caesar's properties I mentioned above

10. Backagain1

Backagain1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I found some great prices on Quad but also looked on Priceline for Flight and Hotel and found Paris very reasonable. However, I have never used Priceline personally so I am concerned as to how reliable it is.
    Thoughts?

11. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can get some good deals on Priceline but if you use the "traditional" Priceline method of blind bidding then you don't know for sure which hotel you're getting (although you can really narrow it down by going to one of the bidding sites where they list which hotels are in which categories).

Any of the hotels mentioned here have a good location. You'll do a good deal of walking wherever you stay. If you aren't picky about rooms then Bally's or Harrah's would be budget plays. If you want a nicer place/room PH may be for you.

12. Backagain1

Backagain1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you!

13. bridaman

bridaman Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Quad Reviews

I have stayed at the Quad. I will say that is one of the nicer hotels by any stretch. But I had no problems at all with The Quad and that was back when it was Imperial Palace 2 years ago. It is just a plan room, it is not huge, not updated. It was a place for me to rest and shower. It was cheap and great location. I love the Dealtainers and other cheap games they offer. It was not a bad place and am staying there again when we go in April. I want to check out the new gambling area (was not fully complete when we went last year). I have not been to Vegas a lot (3 times so far number 4 coming up) The Quad (IP) has been just as nice as the other 2 hotels I stayed in. One being The LVH (it was the Hilton when I was there) and Flamingo. So I have not stayed anywhere super nice but have stayed at the cheaper ones and in my opinion The Quad is right there with them and is usually cheaper.

14. kps

kps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Stayed at Harrhas our last 2 trips. Very simple but perfect being the center of the strip. Stayed at Planet Hollywood also but more for a younger crowd and Ballys only for a conference but maybe because I was there on business tainted my view on them so all I'll say was the room was good.

Link to Harrahs friends and families rates. You may be able to find low rates here for all of their properties in Vegas:

http://www.harrahs.com/vegasvacation/

15. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you don't have an MLife or TotalRewards card sign up online and then log in before you check their online rates. You'll get a better quote even if you have zero points.

16. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have booked anywhere from Mandalay Bay up to Mirage without a rental car. On a 5 day trip, we might do 2-3 cabs. We just walk, drink, play, walk, etc.

But, if you want to be somewhat center,then Flamingo, Ballys, Paris, Planet Hollywood would all be fine.

17. Backagain1

Backagain1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you!

18. good4uccm

good4uccm Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Helping me also!

these answers are helping me on locations also thanks!

19. Busyman

Busyman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You start with Hotwire or Priceline and use betterbidding.com to narrow down what you are getting.

I consider center strip Planet Hollywood/Cosmo.

After the Wynn and Fashion Show, I don't consider it. Harrahs is north.

The Flamingo has a good blend of price and being centered. Ballys and Paris are higher. The Quad is nothing special and runs about the same as Flamingo but with worse rooms.

The Flamingo will also be right by the Linq and is a better choice than the Quad.

20. LV2GAMBLE

LV2GAMBLE Certified LOW Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For location our option is Harrah's. Very central and close proximity to the bus stops. The bus stops right at Harrah's heading northbound and across the street at Mirage for southbound. IMO, perfect location.
    Harrah's shouldn't be too much in price difference from the Quad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.