1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Need help with Comp + Pay Room

Discussion in 'Comps' started by WHIVGOYTUBE, Jan 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WHIVGOYTUBE

WHIVGOYTUBE MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We were originally going to pay for 5 nights at PHo for a Premium Fountain View Room. Standard rooms are Hollywood Hip rooms.

Finally created my Total Rewards online account and discovered I have an offer for a 2 night comp room (has to be basic Hollywood Hip room, next to the elevator and ice machine based on our level of play :eek:).

Need help with the following thoughts:

1) Is there a way to combine the comp offer nights (2) and pay nights (3) into a single reservation?

2) is there a way to pay an extra on the comp nights so the room types will equal the Premium Fountain View Room?

We plan on using the $50 trick in an attempt to get upgraded to a Vista Resort room, or $20 for Resort Fountain View room, and if everything on the reservation says Premium Fountain View, I feel we have a better chance.

Any ideas how to do comp, and add pay nights? I have read here where some do this, but not sure if they said they had to check out of the comp room, and check back in to the pay nights, especially if changing the quality level of room.

Last, we don't want to move from hotel, to hotel. We know others like the variety of a few nights here and there.
    We like to get unpacked for our stay and stay in one place. :faint:
    Thanks!

2. littlepiggie

littlepiggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did you use the calendar or just look at offers. If u just looked at offers u cN try the calendar and see if more days are available

3. sindustry

sindustry VIP Whale

Call Total Rewards and they will help set up the comp rooms + paid rooms, as long as the comp offer is available during your dates of stay.

4. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can't book and pay an upgrade in advance on a comp. However, you may be able to book those five nights using the comp offer online. For many offers, the system will give you the two nights and then price out the additional nights for you. I think in your shoes I would give reservations a call just to see if they can rig it to get you the upgrade now since you are paying part of the way.

5. WHIVGOYTUBE

WHIVGOYTUBE MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Comp is good for 2 nights, must be used within Sunday - Thursday and is available the week we want to go in May.

We are going Sunday - Thursday, five nights total.

6. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There's a couple of different ways you can play this.

Determine which 3 nights are the cheapest in the Premium Fountain View Room. Then book the lesser comped room online for the other two nights. Get your confirmation number. Then call and book the other three nights in the Premium Fountain View room. While you're on the line, ask the agent how much it will cost you to upgrade the other two nights. If you don't like the price, just make the second reservation as a separate reservation. Then when you arrive, ask the front desk the same question. The price the front desk offers may be better or worse.

The other way would be the reverse - book the Premium Fountain View online for the first 3 or last 3 nights, whichever are the lowest price. Then call and start to book the Hollywood Hip room under the offer code and oh by the way, how much would it cost me for a Premium Fountain View for those two nights, seeing as how I have an existing reservation?

If you wind up with two different rooms, whether they will combine two reservations for different room types, I don't know. I kind of think not, because if that happens, you are going to have to move, and they don't assign rooms in advance. So you'll probably have to go down, close out the first stay, check in for the second, and move. Don't forget to leave someone in the room (or take your stuff) if you have to do that, lol.

7. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Guessing you are new, but see 100+ posts.

Do not go with just the offers. Pull up the RATE CALENDAR and you may get even more nights than the offer.

Do not go with just the offers. Pull up the RATE CALENDAR and you maybe get even more nights than the offer.

Repeat as needed.

8. WHIVGOYTUBE

WHIVGOYTUBE MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have been watching the game PHo plays for 6 months now.

When you get within a 1-3 month window, that is when they start with better promo's (our guess is to get rooms filled). Outside of this window, and it is full pop pricing (most of the time, you have to keep watching).

And this can bite you too, if they fill up and you wait too long. Then it is the demand verses supply game, and prices go way up!

So for May, we are getting closer to the time to make a decision. With the 2 comp nights thrown into the equations, like you said, it may be better to forget the comps altogether, if the promo is right!

I am still going to call them in the next week or two, with the ideas mentioned here. Then will report back with what the Reservations group say they CAN, or CANNOT DO, so we all know! Thanks for the info! :nworthy:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.