1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

cabbie finds $300k

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by sweetcanadian, Dec 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sweetcanadian

sweetcanadian High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  2. Sam in Ut

Sam in Ut High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Our local news reported the driver received a thousand dollars, not sure if the cab company or who gave it to him but I'm sure it wasn't from the poker player because it reported the cheapskate originally tipped the driver only $5!!!

3. sweetcanadian

sweetcanadian High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i hope it was the poker player,i guess we will find out, not many honest people left out there so he deserves it. I know there are still a few, myself included that are honest but especially at this time of year may would be hard pressed to give it back.

4. kevhoofd

kevhoofd Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    WOW there are some good, honest people in the world.. This man deserves a Huge TIP!!!

5. ecrispy

ecrispy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I want to believe honesty like that has good rewards for your luck/karma, but the world today is too unfair.

6. waverunner

waverunner ------VEGA$------

Trips to Las Vegas:
  7. wigwam_salesman

wigwam_salesman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

If I have read this right, you want to reward his honesty by telling him to stop being dishonest?

8. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    An honest cabbie??? Its a Christmas miracle. :wink2:

9. volfaninbama

volfaninbama High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The original tip of $5 does not make him a cheapskate on the original fare from Cosmo to Palms Place would only be about a $10 cab ride.

10. waverunner

waverunner ------VEGA$------

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You bet. The cab driver has been dishonest many, many, many times giving unsuspecting tourists the long way to their Hotels. Reward the cabbie with $100 or $1000 for what? They know that they can charge enormous fees that they otherwise would never get. They should be paying us.
    I would reward cabbies with a really good tip if there was a sign posted inside with a picture showing a tunnel with a "X' over it. It's called integrity.
    Many people have been taken for a ride from the LAS airport..........and that "ride" is lining the pockets of the drivers. That should never happen.

11. Sam in Ut

Sam in Ut High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oops! I didn't catch that, yes that $5 is a healthy tip for that short fare. 50% would make him a generous tipper

12. Kickin

Kickin Flea

LOL I was wondering the same thing.

This guy was simply honest and he didn't need to be. How many people would you trust with finding $300k in cash and returning it to you? I hope he got well taken care of and good karma comes back to him many times over.

13. wigwam_salesman

wigwam_salesman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

You seem to know a lot about this guy! Tell me, how many times have you met him?

14. IWannaBeInVegas

IWannaBeInVegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For the record I will say not all can drivers are dishonest. Just like every job there are good and bad. Give the guy some slack unless you have delt with him personally

15. MidnightBJ

MidnightBJ Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Something to think about. This cabbie had little to no chance of keeping the money if he had chosen that path. With a doorman noticing the bag and the poker player figuring out quickly where he left the money, it would have been easy to locate the cab driver. Security cameras and witnesses would have made this a quick process. So, the driver probably quickly realized he must turn it in. This doesn't mean he would have kept it otherwise, but it neither makes him a saint or a villain.

16. Todd_Royce_XXL

Todd_Royce_XXL Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If I'd been the cabbie I would have returned the entire $250,000 ;)

Seriously though I'm really glad that the driver got a thousand bucks. I remember one night being really drunk at a strip club and tossing a couple of one dollar bills on stage for a girl. After her dance she walked around, picked up the money, got my attention and said "did you mean to give me this?" It was a hundred dollar bill. I was shocked and took it back and then gave her $10. I figured even though $1.00 was customary, most of the girls at the club would have just taken the money and I'd have been out a full 100.

17. Kickin

Kickin Flea

Fair point. I just think its pretty shocking that after the driver displayed honesty someone would find the need to tell him that he and his ilk are still dishonest scum that lack integrity. It comes across like the master having his life saved by the slave and then berating him to go learn his place in society. Talk about "high-siddity" as Busyman says. :wink2:

18. vegas_or_bust

vegas_or_bust High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So if you accidentally left 300K in a cab and the cabbie did the right thing and turned in the full amount, you wouldn't give them a monetary tip?

For some reason I doubt this particular cab driver intentionally tunnels unknown customers. He seems like an honest and upstanding guy to me, and I think he deserves the $1,000 tip he received.

19. MidnightBJ

MidnightBJ Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have had good cab drivers in most of my experiences. I am sure some are slimy, but for the most part they are just hard-working people. I also think it unfair to label this cabbie a low-life when no one on this board even knows him. But I don't think his actions were anything notable. Almost everyone in the same situation would have turned the money in, for reasons I mentioned in the earlier post.

20. lucky13

lucky13 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    here is how I see it ....
    300 k .. lots of money ....and you FORGET to take it with you ? come on !
    maybe you deserve to not get it back .....if I had 300k cash I can guarantee you I would never forget that EVER !!!
    as someone pointed out ... he really had no choice but to return it ....cameras, witnesses,
    I say give him 10 % small price to pay to get 300k back

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.