1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

A bunch of Flamingo questions

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by vegasqc, Dec 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Going back to the Flamingo soon and i have a few questions

1-Are they still sending Emails offering an upgrade and if so how close to your stay did they do it?

2-Is the airport shuttle still dropping people a block away or are they back to dropping you at the door?

3-I much prefer the tower in front of the check in desk as the other one by the habitat is pretty far back, is there a name for that tower and at check in can i ask for a room there instead of letting them choose randomly?

4-To have less construction noise from "bills" should i ask for a room facing ceasars, facing ballys or the mountains?

Thanks for the help

2. Fligster

Fligster VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    #1 for my November trip they sent a nor-1 standby upgrade email opportunity rather than the old "pay x per night now for a better room". You don't know if you get upgraded until check-in. It still came about 1 week prior to stay.

3. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    when is ur trip

4. Laura_W

Laura_W Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    1. For my Sept trip I did get the upgrade email I want to say about a week or so before our trip. I've heard people saying, like theprevious poster said, that it's different now how they offer those. I didn't take the offer, I gave the clerk at check in a $20 and asked for an upgrade; and got it.
    2. Again, this was in Sept. We took a cab from hotel, and they dropped us off at the door. We didn't have to walk a block. We took the shuttle back to the airport, and it picked us up at the door.
    3. I don't seem to recall that there is a name for the towers. We had one with a view of the habitat and pools. When you check in, I would ask if they have any rooms available with what your preference is.
    4. My sister had a room facing Bills. She could also see the the fountains; and she was kept up all night with the sounds of jackhammers. Our view of the pool, habitat, and mountains had NO noise at all. I was a bit jealous of her fountain view room, until she complained of the construction noise.
    Have a great time! I love the Flamingo and would definitely stay there again!

5. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Jan 28-29-30-31-1

feb 2-3 im staying at MGM with my vegas

Thanks for the reply Laura and Fligster

Still looking for any input so if any other board member stayed there in recently Thanks

6. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wouldn't be expecting much over NYE. Even on their website, they have no stripview rooms available in Fab or Go (Actually no Go at all). So unless they have a lot of cancellations, I wouldn't be surprised to see people who did book a view room actually getting downgraded.

I am always offered an upgrade but am not expecting it this time at all.

7. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Im not going over new years but thanks for your input

8. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Going back to the Flamingo soon and i have a few questions

1-Are they still sending Emails offering an upgrade and if so how close to your stay did they do it?
    yes if available usualy a few days vbefore

2-Is the airport shuttle still dropping people a block away or are they back to dropping you at the door?
    thats an unknow becuase some of the linq will be open so it could change by the time you get here

3-I much prefer the tower in front of the check in desk as the other one by the habitat is pretty far back, is there a name for that tower and at check in can i ask for a room there instead of letting them choose randomly?
    dont rember

4-To have less construction noise from "bills" should i ask for a room facing ceasars, facing ballys or the mountains?

your out of luck if you face ceasars you might get pure nite club if there roof is open,
    facing pool cunstruction from the linq, facing bills cunstructions
    sorry its a crap shhot till the summer on noise

Thanks for the help

9. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks , facing Pure is fine its what i had last year and that noise wasnt loud enough to prevent me from sleeping

10. martinr

martinr Rock Chalk Jayhawk

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Was at Flamingo two weeks ago. I didn't opt for the upgrade that was sent to me. I did go the "20.00 trick" route instead. I was assigned an "executive" floor level in the Habitat tower. Well, it appears I was duped into wasting the 20.00. The 28th floor in the Habitat is the top floor. My room did face Caesars Palace. That's where the positives end though. The Habitat Tower is in very poor condition. The elevators appear to not have been inspected and maintained for years, with missing handrails and filthy walls and doors. The carpeting in the corridors was at least 10 years old and a ceiling leak had developed near my room where they placed a large yellow trash can for the three days I was there. The room itself had not been completely remodeled and the bathroom probably hadn't seen anything new for at least 10 years. There was laminate flooring instead of carpeting but the furniture was very old and the trim strips were peeling off. If this is where they "upgrade" their Diamond guests, a new approach needs to be taken and/or the check-in rep. needs to refuse the 20.00 since it will only leave a bad taste in a guest's mouth upon walking into their room.

The up escalator from the cab drop off entrance is working. But, the down escalator was not. With luggage, it becomes a problem leaving by cab if you have to seek an elevator to get downstairs.

In conclusion, the Habitat Tower should be avoided. Normally, I stay at Harrah's. But with the Rodeo in town, I couldn't book anywhere else but the Flamingo. I had gone over my RCs, charging meals, etc. to the room. When I checked out, the Host was originally unwilling to comp the difference. I had to practically beg him to write everything off because of the room conditions. Of course, the tips were untouchable. But, he did consent to comp the 150.00 or so off in the end. Never an apology, but at least I didn't have to pay for any of the other charges.

First Time Staying on the South End. Will I Hear Southern Accents?
  11. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The main elevator bank near check-in will take you downstairs - I think you have to use one of the first few cars closest to lobby though to access. We used those several times as mom had a scooter.

From ground level you walk thru the hall by Hamada & the salon.

Sorry - I misread your dates last night vegasqc.

For room complaints martinr, you probably should have addressed it immediately. My bff had a room problem once & couldn't change that night but was moved the next day.

12. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    we know the hotel lobby and hallways need to be redone , but the rooms are nice correct.

13. martinr

martinr Rock Chalk Jayhawk

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As I described, the room was in no way an upgrade and the view was the only positive thing about it. I stayed at Flamingo about 8 years ago and was satisfied with the room conditions then. Since then, I have stayed at Harrah's several times, Caesars, Paris, Encore and Mirage. By far, this room was the most disappointing. I didn't look closely enough at the room when I first dropped my bags off and probably had tunnel vision to get into the Vegas vibe. It was just not worth the effort to go through the room-switching drama when I finally realized how pitiful the room really was. Lesson learned...don't assume the 20.00 trick has worked until you take a close look at the room. And, don't assume Diamond status at CET always means an upgrade.

First Time Staying on the South End. Will I Hear Southern Accents?
  14. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ive had no problems with the go or the deluxe rooms

15. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just got my email offering me to upgrade they are cutting it close

I have fab booked and they offered me

fab with strip view for 16$ a night
    Go room with strip view 32$ a night
    Go mini suite for 75$ night

I went for the GO room (i really wanted one without the view but it wasnt offered)

I have no clue why they are offering me those choice when you go to the cet website theres none of those remaining, they only have fab and pet stay room, all go rooms are sold out for saturday night( day before superbowl)

16. wishman35

wishman35 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $32/night is fair. Is CET using the E-Upgrade system now where they offer the upgrade and you can choose the ones you would take and will get what they have available? I know some hotels mention that if it is available at check in they will upgrade you for the agreed upon price.

17. Fligster

Fligster VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Flamingo is using the NOR1 upgrades (check ones would want ahead of time, pay at checkin if available). You aren't guaranteed an upgrade and don't know until checkin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.