1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Dang B33 & 36 for boarding

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Joe, Dec 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Planes from Milwaukee to Vegas are usually full, but doing the the 24 hr check in, we always ended up in A boarding or single digit B.

Did it yesterday and ended up with B33 & B36. I guess too many people are spending the $12.50, soon to be $15, for early boarding.

Oh well, it's Vegas and even in B, we'll get there the same time as the As! The flight is in 5 hours!!:drunk::banana:

2. Suekel

Suekel VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We flew in yesterday and even WITH early bird we got A49 and 50, which is kind of high, so I think your theory of more people buying it is correct.

Safe travels! Crowds seems pretty light here.

3. NickyDim

NickyDim Hockey is life

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That early check in is becoming a joke. B33 you should get to sit together with no problems. Since so many pay the 12.50 it's become nothing more than a surcharge.

4. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I also fly out of MKE and you're right, the planes are always full (which is why the prices rarely fluctuate).

It does seem as if the percentage purchasing early bird is increasing. I bite the bullet and buy it and I've noticed going from the low A's to A30-40 lately.

5. daveg000

daveg000 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't feel down Joe, the last 4 times we flew, we had similar numbers, and by the time we entered the plane, there was 1 person sitting in the 5th or 6th row every time.

Just feel lucky you are going to Vegas!

Tomorrow we are going up to the Dells for a week - children, grandchildren, in and out, my wife wants to go skiing, and my back still hurts from getting too fancy going roller skating with the grandchildren two weeks ago - after a 15 year hiatus.

I haven't hit a good one at Ho Chunk in years (if I even get a chance to go there), and there are no comped rooms, food, and gambling.

Want to trade places? I'm writing this when your count down clock says 3 hrs. I can be at the airport in 40 minutes!

15 NIGHTS, 16 DAYS, May 8-23, MGM PK, GOLDN NUGGET, TIMESH, MANDALAY
    15 NIGHTS, 16 DAYS, May 8-23, MGM PK, GOLDN NUGGET, TIMESH, MANDALAY
  6. FXT

FXT VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    B17 and 18. I forgot to check in but gf is on her game.

Take it as a good sign Joe. You'd rather use the good luck to hit that Royal thats been eluding you instead of using it on better seats :beer:

7. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I assume this is Southwest? How does that work, you check in and automatically assign your seats, or do you just board with section A group and find a seat once you get on? Is there no way to pick you seats when you buy your ticket?

8. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    its a cattle call
    a 1-60
    b 1-60
    c-60
    d-60

then you fight for seats

you can buy the first part of the A numbers for 10 plus dollars for each flight:grrr:

have mentioned i hate southwurst :poke:

9. Buddha

Buddha VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You are actually incorrect on many counts :
    1 - There is no "cattle call", but rather a very organized numerical line.
    2 - The standard 737 has less than 150 seats, so the "C" line will be less than 30.
    3 - There is no "D" line.
    4 - Nobody has to "fight" for a seat. Find an empty seat, and sit in it.
    5 - If you are doing the "Early Bird" boarding, it costs $12.50 for each flight.
    If you are talking about moving up to an empty spot in the A #1-15 Business Select line, they typically charge $40.
    6 - Since you hate Southwest, that leaves more space for the rest of us. :poke:

10. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I knew you could type capital letters! :evillaugh OUTSTANDING!

Try and use it more, you obviously have some great insight but comprehending your posts is a challenge.

11. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    you still have to fight for seats , to many crying babbies and yes you can have southwurst all to yourself:poke:

i lounge on a real airline instead:thumbsup:

12. grosx2

grosx2 Have fun storming the castle!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Consumer Reports ranked 11 major carriers across a number of categories and SWA came in second in overall customer experience, trailing only Virgin America. Giant carriers United and American both finished in the bottom three, ahead of only Spirit.

13. mescalita

mescalita old and in the way...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got stuck with B33 my last trip - but when I walked into the plane my favorite front row window seat was open! Ended up being the first one off the plane in Vegas....

14. Busyman

Busyman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You do not fight for seats.

I'm have noticed that many folks on like to stick there bias in with the giving supposed factual info that isn't factual.

It's like, why give advice if you are going to lie about it.

Opinions? Cool....say you don't like SW but why are you trying to "help" also yet are not helping?

I don't like SW boarding procedures either but I also am not fighting for a seat. The cattle call now is the scramble to check-in first, not get a seat at the terminal.

15. Busyman

Busyman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did EB and still got A52, 53 my last trip but it was Vet Day weekend.

16. grosx2

grosx2 Have fun storming the castle!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When does this take effect? This is the first I've heard of another increase.

17. sweetcanadian

sweetcanadian High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    With our canadian airlines we don't have to worry about that, we pre choose seats and then stand in line to board as a first come first serve after first class (if on the flight), people who are less abled and children so i am always confused with these threads lol.

18. xmarksx

xmarksx VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Paperposter, I can only hope you are referring to a legacy carrier other than Delta. Cannot tell you how many times I have booked a ticket, carefully chosen a seat and then find out that they are reassigning when I connect in Atlanta. They make SWA look like they know what they are doing.

19. Kickin

Kickin Flea

That doesn't surprise me. There really is almost no differentiation between the legacy carriers and some of the "discount" carriers when it comes to services offered, other than offering some premium cabins. I've never flown SWA (I don't think it runs much out of NYC) but I've flown discount airlines like Virgin America and JetBlue and they're just better in every single way.

Anytime I read these SWA threads I'm also a bit confused about the entire boarding/seating process but from what I've read it speeds up boarding and passengers generally seem to like it. It would probably suck for me because I usually like to board at the end. I also wonder if you take a seat but then get up to take something out of your bag or whatever, can someone "steal" your seat? Does stuff like that happen? Or am I just confusing it with high school? :wink2:

20. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:

yes it does

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.