1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Big LOSSES???

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by TIMSPEED2, Dec 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED Money’s on the way, with CashNetUSA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know everyone's always talking about Big Wins...but I sure-as-hell know we've all had Big LOSSES...Let's hear them...I know deep down we all say "Misery Loves Company"...so...what's your "old war story"

For me, my biggest loss, was in ONE WEEKEND. I lost $5000 on $5 craps...
    So you say not possible? I'd LOVE it to be "not possible" but it most certainly is...and all I was playing was $5 pass with 3/4/5x with a $12 6&8 (or 5/9 depending on if 6/8 was the point)
    Disgusting right? Like $50 average bet and I lost 100x that! It took about 24 hours of playing though.

2. 2VegasNuts

2VegasNuts High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    January 9, 2004. Trying to impress a friend. Lost $13,000 in less than an hour, on day 1 at first table, playing BJ at NYNY betting $100-$400. I lost 18 in a row (easy to remember) to start and continued to stay at the table. Ridiculous. It was a good lesson for me as I have never come close to that again in such a short period of time and I stopped bringing friends after that.

3. Tubbs

Tubbs High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    From an old TR, Wynn October 2006 -

I am up early so have a pre-breakfast session, back at the DD tables. I lose most of my buy-in in less than an hour so time for the buffet again, courtesy of Mrs T's Red Card. After breakfast we try the 6 deck game with the dealer we had so much fun with yesterday. He is still fun but takes me for just under $4000 in about 15 minutes. This is not going well. I need a break from the tables so we play a little VP, losing around $50. With my mind cleared, I am ready for the tables again. I suggest Mrs T sits this one out so she goes back to the room and I head back to the DD game. Once again my $4000 buy-in disappears in about an hour. I am getting killed every time I sit down and am feeling bad about it. I relay the bad news to Mrs T and regroup for a while.

I need a break from gambling so we stroll across to the Fashion Show Mall for some retail therapy. We are not big shoppers but this place actually seems to sell items that most people can afford, unlike the Wynn & Bellagio shops and the Forum Shops. There is too much to see on one visit but we will drop in again on our next trip. I get a couple of good quality shirts from Macy's at bargain prices and we head back to Wynn.

I approach the BJ table with some trepidation. This bad run cannot go on, surely? I feel I am due a good session at the DD tables but no! $3700 loss in just over an hour. I am over $15,000 down on the day and am feeling sick about it. I have managed to turn a profit of $19,000 earlier in the week into a loss of around $6000. That $25,000 swing is hurting me badly. I am sick and tired of BJ.

4. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have lost six figures a couple times. Never fun :cry:

I Need Spa
  5. topcard

topcard It's not really blackjack unless it pays 3:2!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Worst loss ever was back in my "youth".
    I had budgeted $1000 for the trip & ended up losing an extra grand, borrowing another $500 and incurring another $500 loss via-marker.
    I know $3000 doesn't seem like much to some of y'all, but think of it this way - I lost three-times my budgeted bankroll.

(PS - I cancelled my table-credit after that trip, and now I apply bankroll discipline via the daily limit I have set on my ATM access - $500/day. I usually bring $200 - $300 with me, knowing the most I can ATM out on a 3-night trip is $2000 - which keeps me within my budget, even if I lose it all.)

6. AceTen

AceTen Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not counting trip swings, my largest single loss was 25k in one night. It was a short trip, and I was happy to get the hell out of Vegas the next morning. I've been pretty lucky though, based on the stakes that I play, it could be a lot worse.

7. lotso-bear

lotso-bear VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I lost $15K in two days on the slots. After that, I stopped playing with more than $3K on my trips. I hate seeing losses that big.

8. yoyoseven

yoyoseven Grizzled Vereran

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm at pretty much the same level as you Tim. Lost $6000 over the course of a three-day weekend, playing $5 craps with 5x odds, initial buy-ins $300-$400 per session. I wasn't a newbie either - had been playing for years (and wasn't chasing losses). Just hit an incredibly bad spell. Could not catch a winning session, no matter where I played. Never really had any chances to press odds, just lost and lost everywhere. I was the cooler that weekend.

That stung, but I've had a couple 5k+ winning weekends since to make up for it, so it all comes out in the wash......

9. jjc312

jjc312 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Many of bad beats but this sticks out...Arrived from the east coast around 7:30am. Couldn't check in until 3pm. Since it was January, no pool to kill the time. So the gf and I decided to start drinking and gambling. Had a 2.5k budget for 4 nights. By the time we checked in at 4pm, that 2.5k was down to .2.

10. allnetmom

allnetmom Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    While we have had way bigger losses, the one that comes to mind was when we were in our mid-20's. We were headed up to Reno in my parents car with an 800.00 bankroll for two days. (we were really young) As we descended from Tahoe to Reno the brakes on the car stopped working, and we barely made it to the bottom. Cost us 1000 to fix, and we had no money left. I remember walking around a lot and eating cheap food for the weekend.:cry:

11. degeneratewho

degeneratewho Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    im not too sure about in one sitting or trip, but my overall vegas career? probably could have bought a brand new Ferrari or Lamborghini and im not talking about the entry models. :cry:

12. RiddickBull

RiddickBull VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My biggest lost would be about $10k in about 5 hours of baccarat. It's crazy how your bet fluctuates when on a bad streak.

Good thing I did not got bet on the Broner vs Maidana fight, that would have been my biggest lost.

13. Motorcat

Motorcat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On the 1st day of the trip - in a span of about 6 hours I lost 1200$ in the sports book

Took a big loss and tried to get it all back in one fell swoop and lost again.

It was a slow bleed for the rest of the trip - just never could get rolling.

In fairness the book usually pays for my trip and more or at least bank rolls the following day but when it does go bad especially on the 1st day it makes for a very long trip.

14. BeeeJay

BeeeJay President of The Red Lobster Hostess Satisfaction

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I remember heading over to Wynn from Bellagio one morning to talk to my host about setting up a comp dinner at SW for 4.

I got there about 15 minutes before her start time and the comp for 4 was a non-issue after I blew $9,000 into a roulette table during that 15 minutes.

Another big one I remember at Wynn was blowing $5,000 into $2 100-play ($500 a pop) in about 5 minutes before going to a meet at Flamingo's Garden Bar where I met Jdog.

There was another trip where I couldn't hit a damn thing, lost $8,000 3 days in a row.

Seem to remember another $25,000 loss trip and a $35,000 single day loss on a trip where I had won big the 1st day and then recovered the 3rd day.

All of those big losses were sandwiched around good wins and at that time I was playing on a big overall bankroll from a huge winning trip. Now I play for comparative pennies and a $5,000 loss seems like the end of the world. :cry:

15. firstkill

firstkill High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    hahah losses?

those get deleted from memory ASAP. :wink2:
    only wins gets recorded and turn into tales.

fk

16. Motorcat

Motorcat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    wow - there are some high rollers up in here

I'll gamble in hundreds up into the thousands but 5 figure losses is out of my league in a single trip

17. Red&BlackSmoke

Red&BlackSmoke Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    2nd trip to Vegas. Drank for like 20 hrs straight and lost 3k out of maybe 3500 three day roll. Next day was so sick and down on myself. Did hit a long shot trifecta at TI for 1000 to recover some. To this day that one sticks out, don't really drink Chivas anymore.

18. AceTen

AceTen Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    6 figures is High Roller...

19. sindustry

sindustry VIP Whale

Gotta commend you for stepping it down a few notches. Most people would keep playing at the same level or higher, trying to chase.

20. JWBlue

JWBlue VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was going to say a $150 loss in 10 minutes at a slot but that pales.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.