1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Need restaurant recommendation

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by wandawoman, Dec 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wandawoman

wandawoman Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am looking for a nice restaurant - either on the strip or nearby, to take my husband to for an anniversary dinner. I am looking to spend $200 or less. We will have a car so we can drive it if it is located off strip. Would prefer no fancier than business casual dress. It doesn't matter the type of food - as long as it's good! I've been looking around online but I'm overwhelmed by all of the choices.

Thanks in advance!

2. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know you say the type of food doesn't matter, but give us at least an idea of what you all like. I can list two dozen restaurants I like that fit your parameters, but that doesn't really help you narrow it down :rolleyes2:

I Need Spa
  3. Jordan

Jordan Caveman

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would highly recommend GR Steak at the Paris, We just ate there and it was fantastic....

Our bill was $400 tip included for the 3 of us (so avg 133 each) it would be easy to get that down to 100/pp cause we each had appz, mains, sides and dessert (the sticky pudding is to DIE for) along with a bottle of $70 wine!

4. wandawoman

wandawoman Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We like just about everything, steak, seafood, italian, mexican. We are not wine drinkers so that is not important to us.

5. wpete

wpete High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Eiffel Tower restaurant is nice with a great view of the Fountains across the street at Bellagio. It may run you a bit over your $200 though. Our bill for 2 without adult beverages, with tip was $300 I believe, and that was 6 years ago. We went with the chefs special that day that ran $100 per person.

Another place I liked a lot was the restaurant at the top of the Stratosphere . Had lunch there though, not dinner.

The Tender Steak and Seafood at Luxor has a great Bison Rib eye too.

6. ardee

ardee It's only money.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For a nice old-fashioned Italian meal, you might enjoy Casa Di Amore.
    Reasonable prices and a nice atmosphere for an anniversary dinner.
    There's also complimentary limo service if you contact them in advance.

More info here: http://www.casadiamore.com/.

7. Bommen

Bommen High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Here are some of my favorites:

Cut or SW, steaks
    Bartolotta, seafood
    Jaleo or Julian Serrano, spanish tapas
    Raku, japanese (off the strip)
    Lotus of Siam, Thai (off strip)
    Sinatra, Italian

Also if you want to splurge a little extra i go with the degustation menu at Picasso.

Enjoy,

8. ardee

ardee It's only money.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bommen, the problem with those suggestions is that it will be hard to get away for under $200, which was what the OP wanted. Which is too bad, because you managed to hit several of our favorite places!

9. kps

kps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Brand Steakhouse in Monte Carlo. Under $200 is easy. Wife and I have been there the last 4 trips and I did my bach party dinner there. Always able to set a reservation the day of.

The 3 sides for $25 will definitely fill the 2 of you. I'm all about the baked mac and cheese. We've done the Ultimate Steak for 2, a lot of leftovers brought back to the room, the prime rib also. Wife loved the hot rocks as she never had done that before, shrimp cocktail and the big wedge salad are pretty good.

Link to their menu:

http://brandlasvegas.com/menus/

Hope this helps.

10. chuckM

chuckM Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Brand and the Tomahawk Ribeye (24 oz), French onion soup and a side. Roughly $80 w/tip.

11. NickyDim

NickyDim Hockey is life

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We ate at La Provencal(French and Italian) in Paris for the second time in as many trips and again we were impressed with just how good the food was. The entire dinner with tip was about $125. The atmosphere was romatic, but maybe not as posh as some of the other places mentioned. We'll go a 3rd time next trip.

12. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Andiamo @ 'The D' is very good, and you should be able to get out under $200.

7 of us got out under $1k with about 6 bottles of wine on the bill this summer!

13. jrinct1

jrinct1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will give a solid vote here to Casa.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.