1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

What happens if I cancel a Comp reservation?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by BigGTMike, Dec 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigGTMike

BigGTMike Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Back in mid October, I booked a three night stay at Monte Carlo and combined it with a MyVegas comp night for a four night stay.

Thurs Jan 2 - MyVegas Comp
    Fri - basic tier rate from Offer
    Sat - $50 from Offer
    Sun - Comp from Offer

My CC was charged approx $72 at the time.

I booked this thinking there was no way i would be able to get enough MyVegas points to comp two nights at Aria during this time.

Well, I went on a heater and have enough points to comp the Thursday and Friday at Aria now. I understand I cannot refund the MyVegas one night at MC comp and am fine with losing those points.

My question is, would I be out the $72 as well and is there likely any additional charge for canceling all the nights and booking at Aria for the whole trip? Obviously i would prefer the hotel and to use the points sooner than later.

2. rooster42000

rooster42000 Goat of all Goats , My Hero

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am pretty sure you can cancel and get your money back and your points
    call my vegas 1-855-881-6074 and you can cancel and book Aria at same time

3. BigGTMike

BigGTMike Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The my Vegas reward terms specifically state that after a reward has been redeemed by contacting the issuer and making a reservation, no loyalty point refunds will be provided.

Are you saying that's a flexible term? That would be cool.

But like I said, mainly just curious about the previous cc charge on the other nights and cancellation policy on the three night discount and comp offer.

Thanks for any help!

4. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know nothing about MyVegas, so if the whole trip is on one confirmation, I can't help you.

But if you have two separate reservations, one for the MyVegas night and another for the other 3 nights either through Mlife offer or the hotel, just call Monte Carlo and cancel the 2nd reservation. As long as you cancel 48 hours in advance, you should be all set, the refund should hit your credit card within 2 - 3 business days.

5. BigGTMike

BigGTMike Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They are two separate, but linked confirmations. Sounds like I can rebook. I'll call MC this evening. Thank you for your experience.

6. BigGTMike

BigGTMike Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well I'm all canceled but getting an error trying to book Aria on mlife.com. Backend error? Is that common? If I call will they match my Mlife tier discount?

7. BigGTMike

BigGTMike Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Booked up. Thanks for sharing ur experience.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.