1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Pub @ Monte Carlo Beer & Dinner Pairing - How it Works and What You Get

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by Boogaloo, Dec 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boogaloo

Boogaloo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just got back from a trip where I redeemed this reward, so I thought I'd write about how it worked and what I got, mostly because I couldn't find any concrete details from anywhere.

What you do is go the the MLife desk at the MC like with other rewards, and show them your reward confirmation. Unlike with the other vouchers, they'll load the offer directly onto your MLife card there, which seemed a little odd to me, but it worked.

Once you get to the Pub, tell the hostess at the door you'll be redeeming the reward, and they'll give you the menu and ask that you show that to your server (I don't know if they change it, or whether this is the exact MyVegas menu everyone will get). This is the one I got:

[​IMG]

The server will ask for your card, scan it into their computer, then ask you to sign a receipt that you redeemed this reward (similar to when you use Express Comps to pay for things) - the stated value on the receipt is $75, for what that's worth.

As for the food itself, well, you may have heard of the trend for 'upscale pub grub' or something similar? This isn't it - it's just decent bar food on the level of what you'd get at an Appleebee's or the equivalent chain 'family restaurant.' None of it was bad, but likewise nothing really stood out as being particularly good either. Beers were good though, and I'm glad that with the exception of the Newcastle, they didn't just go with some widely available big brand beers.

Overall, I can't really recommend it, especially since I believe it now goes for 112,500 LPs, far too much for what you get in my opinion.

2. Willy

Willy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the info. I was thinking about this one, but it seems a little short on the food side for the LP's.

3. illdonk

illdonk Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for posting this, as I've also been curious about this. I agree with the assessment that it doesn't seem worth the price, but that the beer selection is at least reasonably interesting. Seems like one would be better off getting the MC $50 credit and putting together a few courses for half the LPs.

4. bjpcyclone

bjpcyclone High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We usually have a meal at the Pub when we stay at MC. And I'll echo your thoughts...decent/average food (although the Kobe sliders were above average the last time I was there) with a great beer selection. What we like about it is the price...$10-$15 for entrees for dinner is pretty good in Vegas. So if you are looking for a decently priced dinner, its a good place. Just don't expect to be blown away by the food.

5. jenblase

jenblase Low-Roller

Thanks for the review. And this reward is for only one person right, not two?

I am thinking if I redeem for it that my husband and I would split the food portion - he doesn't drink beer so that works out well for me! - and then get an extra entree or app on the side. Hopefully that wouldn't be frowned upon.

6. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is the meal filling?

The reward seems to never be available. I think I'd rather use my points for a hotel stay.

7. Boogaloo

Boogaloo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's definitely filling, and probably enough for two if you added just an entree or so to it. I'm a young hungry guy and still couldn't finish all of it. My guess would be that the bucket of fried shrimp is about a 1/3 of what the whole would be, but the soup is probably a standard bowl, the bratwurst is big and a second one would make it a full entree, and the pan of bread pudding has to be a full-sized dessert.

And yes, it is for just one person. Not sure if they'd let you split it, but it'd be pretty difficult for them to stop you, unless you made some odd requests like splitting the soup into two bowls or something.

8. Bubbavegas

Bubbavegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Glad I did not do this one like I was thinking about and instead went with the Rice and Co. The beer selection is weak, only one really decent beer on the list for my taste that being the Devastator. Thanks so much for the report.

9. lotso-bear

lotso-bear VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the report, Boogaloo. Doesn't seem like a bad redemption.

10. KarenTN

KarenTN Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I redeemed this one last month and I got exactly what was on the menu posted above. Our server specifically told us that we could split it. It was plenty for 2. The only course I didn't really care for was the bratwurst. The bread pudding is awesome.

11. imderekpoe

imderekpoe Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I did this in Sept and the menu was different, but we loved it! We had a hard time figuring out exactly what the reward entailed before we went, so we actually purchased this and the $50 food credit and thought we'd decide when we got there which one we'd use. The day before we were planning to eat at The Pub we checked with the hostess and she was able to give us a rundown of the reward and what the menu was at the time.

For my money (which is $0) its well worth it. We tried food and beers that we might not have had otherwise. The one 'regret' was that we both purchased the reward and it was way too much food. We would have been better off getting one reward and adding some extra beers. The food was plenty for both of us. We LOVED The Pub and made a second stop there for dinner later in our trip!

I would highly recommend this reward and we might get it again this year, if we're able.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.