1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

89,000 Identity points

Discussion in 'Comps' started by AceTen, Dec 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AceTen

AceTen Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's a bit sobering to log in and see that I have 89,000 identity points at cosmo. I only play table games, so at $1 point for every $20 wagered, that means I've wagered 1.78 million dollars.

2. vegas9094

vegas9094 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How does that work on craps? Is it 1 point per $20 per roll on place bets or per roller?

3. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry, this post is not going to be worth much, because Cosmo can kiss....

As Kevin Oleary says to prospects on Shark Tank - "You're Dead To Me"

Someday when they get a working website, and working identity club, and a real lounge for good players... maybe I will try them again. Meanwhile, there are enough other options in Vegas.

4. AceTen

AceTen Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I completely understand, no need to apologize. So tell me, if you were in my place, what would you do? I don't really want to start over with a new property and host unless I can have some comparable offers. So I feel a bit stuck.

5. AceTen

AceTen Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I guess the easy answer to this is...who cares. Don't play for comps. I know I know...

6. MoneyToBurn

MoneyToBurn Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm having difficulties comprehending exactly what is being asked here.

OP played 1.78m on table games at Cosmo. No mention of offers, comps or what have you. Not even time frame for those 1.78m in bets. Maybe it happened over a few years.

Now, I don't play at that level, and can't compare at another property, but if OP would hint at what that 1.78m of play got him, maybe another player at that play level might compare and contrast offers at differing properties.

Barring some additional information, this is going nowhere.

7. AceTen

AceTen Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As the OP here, let me answer your questions. Play was over 3 months, two one night trips. It was more just a sobering lesson for me, how the bets do add up. As far as comps, so far my best offer is 3k in promo chips. Which, based on other comments, is sadly under comped. My fault I guess, played at Cosmo.

8. lotso-bear

lotso-bear VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Contact a host at another property and show them your offers. See if they will match it and evaluate your play for the future. Never hurts to ask... Once you stop showing up to the Cosmo, maybe they might send you better offers to bring you back

9. WrongWayWade

WrongWayWade VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are you sure your math is right on this ($1.78 million)? If you played 2 nights, 8 hours a night at blackjack for example (don't know what your game is), that would mean an average bet of $1390. Is that the scale you bet at?

10. Kickin

Kickin Flea

It is. He posted in another thread he averaged $2k per hand playing 2 hands for 6 hours.

To the OP, I wouldn't worry about "starting over" with a new property. At that level you'll be taken care of anywhere. Other high rollers have posted here that MGM props in Vegas no longer give out promo chips unless you're at whale levels so I wouldn't expect them to match that part of the offer from Cosmo. But in terms of suites, f/b, shows, etc. you'll get well taken care of and you'll have the benefit across multiple properties. I'd imagine you're at the level to get airfare and maybe loss discounts as well, but others here could tell you for sure.

11. AceTen

AceTen Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do you think CET might??

12. 2VegasNuts

2VegasNuts High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes. But, in my experience they provide those on the "next" visit after you have proved your worth. YMMV.

13. AceTen

AceTen Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You're probably right... i was thinking maybe I could send them my marketing offer and see what happens....

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.