1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

McCarran Bus Stop Id #

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Cheap G, Dec 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cheap G

Cheap G Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does anyone know the bus stop id # for Mccarran? Want to be able to check where the WAX is when I touchdown Friday to head to the Four Queens.

2. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looks like #1785
    Not just McCarran, but you can pretty much use Google maps in any city to zoom in and find a bus stop, click on the little bus stop icon and it will tell you the buses that stop there, when the next two buses will be there and the stop ID number.

3. Cheap G

Cheap G Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you very much, 1785 it is.

4. merlin

merlin MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are you trying to track where the bus actually is, or just when the next scheduled departure is? My experience is that they are usually on time.

5. Cheap G

Cheap G Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I want to track the WAX, and see if I need to hustle or take my time getting to the bus stop. It will be 5pm Friday.

6. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can text the number of any stop to the RTC and you will get a reply which lists the estimated arrival times for any bus serving that stop.

7. merlin

merlin MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can check the schedule at the rtc site, if the bus arrives early at mccarron it will just sit there until it's scheduled to leave. I think at 5pm it goes every 1/2 hour(which is good for you).

8. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As of the last book I purchased in May, it leaves Fridays northbound at: 4:48pm; 5:06pm, and 5:39 from Ground Zero to downtown (northbound and westbound).

Jimbo338

9. pdog89149

pdog89149 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
  10. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

Pretty close; I wonder why they change for like 3 minutes? There is only one thing for me to do.......take a 2nd trip to LV after July so I get the new bus schedule before February. Sounds like a plan! Thanks for the update.

Jimbo338

11. pdog89149

pdog89149 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Re-timing of routes sometimes make the times change. If you have to add a few minutes here or there, then all the times would shift around. I'm pretty sure most transit systems do that where for one period the schedule is one way, then they have to change it for whatever reason because the bus keeps running late and have to adjust it.

Since a lot of people that come to Vegas have never been on a bus before, it's one of those things where they should always look at the website to ensure they are looking at the correct schedule. Most transit systems have multiple service changes per year, same as Vegas. Similar to airlines where a certain flight existed one month, then a few months later, they have their own changes that make the schedules adjust.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.