1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Fill In The Blanks

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by VegasGroove, Dec 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VegasGroove

VegasGroove VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A coworker and I were talking earlier about our love of cooking and eating. But then we got on what we can and cannot eat. It led to some hilarious stories!

For me - it is eggnog. I love it especially during the holidays, but I can't drink it anymore because of toxic fumes afterward. LOL!!!

So, anyone care to fill in the blanks?!!

"I have always loved _________, but I can't eat/drink it anymore because _________.

2. VegasDave

VegasDave Addicted

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The ones that come to mind are anything with tomatoes (pizza, spaghetti, etc) and chocolate (most desserts!!! ) cause I'm allergic. sometimes I indulge in a little chocolate and pay the price but as long as I keep it really low quantity I can handle it and only eat it once or twice a year.

3. Jerseyguy

Jerseyguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Guacamole ,or however you spell it

I love it but the acid in it tears my stomach up . Also clams ,how many times I ralphed before I figured this out.

4. flysrb

flysrb Hey Now!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey Now!!!!

I have always loves nuts, but I can't eat them anymore because of Diverticulitis . Same with seeds....and popcorn....

5. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Acid in guac? Avos are alkaline, aren't they? Try cutting back on the citrus, in fact, you can still do a nice guac w/o citrus.

I'm rather omnivorous. Few things I prefer not to eat but can't think of anything I can't eat.

6. wormhole

wormhole VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Strong spices. Spicy food tears me up inside.

7. Jerseyguy

Jerseyguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's whatever is in it at mex restaurants

I just assumed it was acid ,I dont make it myself . Also melons give me bad stomach pains ,the green and orange types you have at breakfast.

8. jamesxnj

jamesxnj VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I once ate a half avacado at work with some milk and later my stomach hurt so bad I thought I may have to go to the ER.
    The mejicanos I worked with then told me the two don't mix...30 years later and I don't eat them,but just a taste once in a blue moon w/o any dairy..

9. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    "I have always loved cocaine, but I can't eat/drink it anymore because it's bad for my body.

10. paul.hodnett

paul.hodnett Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    "I have always loved PORK SCRATCHINGS, but I can't eat/drink it anymore because THEY`RE BAD FOR MY ARTERIES:nono:.

11. booker

booker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As I've gotten older, any moderate to large meal in the evening will cause me to be uncomfortable all night long. My doctor isn't concerned as I've lost 50+ pounds over the past 10 years.

12. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sadly, it's a long list.

The only funny story I have is the time I way overdid the garlic. I still love garlic but, there's a limit now. Anyhow, I used to work 12 hour night shifts. And my husband used to get done work at midnight some nights. So, I took the dog and walked over to this pizza place about a block from us on my night off. I figured I'd be back with pizza by the time my husband got back from work, he had the car. It's a nice night, I made my order and sat by the open door just hanging out with the dog and talking to the guy while he made pizzas. Lola was actually behaving herself, which was nice. The guy asked me if I liked garlic because he had just cut up a bit batch, it just came in that day. I'm going on about how much I love garlic. So the guy basically makes a crust of garlic on the pizza. It smelled so good. I always get an extra large pizza so there's leftovers.

I get home with the dog and the pizza and my husband gets home. We had a nice dinner and go to bed. Because of sleep issues, we're in separate bedrooms. Within a few hours I'm wide awake from the gas. I'm lucky it wasn't the "internal gas" that hurts so bad. It was traditional, not fit for company gas. My husband had heartburn but slept through it until I woke him up. Essentially, I offended both my husband and the dog. Lola, God love her, could peel the paint from the walls so she shouldn't have been judging me. There wasn't really a safe place in the house. Every time I had a bad one I would crack myself up laughing because of how bad it was. But, it kept going, I stopped laughing. By morning I thought I had possibly injured myself, I was sleep deprived, my sense of smell left for a while, I was sore, my dog wasn't talking to me and my husband only talked to me enough to tell me I wasn't allowed to ask for garlic on a pizza ever again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.