1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Cosmo Terrace Studio question

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Suekel, Dec 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Suekel

Suekel VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do they have a pull out sofa? We've never stayed there before, just booked a King room on a comp, they said its a Terrace Studio. Then my 23 yr old nephew decided to meet us for the night, not sure if we need to switch to a 2 bed room or if there will be a spot for him to crash.

2. bboy554

bboy554 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

The sofa doesn't pull out, but its fine to sleep on, especially when you're drunk :thumbsup:

3. wishman35

wishman35 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can confirm - couch is definitely comfy and sleep worthy, especially when drunk.

4. zephyrm

zephyrm Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not a pull out but decent enough for someone to pass out on :)

5. Suekel

Suekel VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Awesome thanks. He is a college student, so I'm sure he's slept in worse conditions. I'll keep the reservation as is.

6. mdee

mdee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can book a double Queen room with a terrace over looking the Bellagio fountains. I think it is called the City Room. I stayed there.
    If it's not shown on Cosmo's website then go to Marriott's website. It will be listed as The Cosmopolitan Las Vegas Autograph Collection.

7. Suekel

Suekel VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the tip, I'll check it out.

Another question - I've been looking at lots of room pictures and it seems like in some (?) rooms the bathrooms have glass walls to the living space? Is this correct and is it only in certain rooms? That's not going to work great with our nephew staying with us.

8. zephyrm

zephyrm Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The terrace suite we had a few weeks ago had a divider / blind that could be lowered/raised between the living room area and the sink / bathrub area.

9. mdee

mdee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No glass wall in the room I stayed in. But no glass window either just blinds.

Attached Files:

10. Suekel

Suekel VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the pics. That's kind of an odd set up, to have the bathroom so open to the bedroom. Oh well, we'll make due with whatever we get. We're only doing one night at Cosmo, the last night of our trip.

11. phan

phan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have a great time! They do have a nice roll away option, it comes with a robe and a few other amenities, but it is an extra 50$ a night. I'm sure he couch will work well!

12. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hope the OP doesn't mind my bumping this thread for my own purposes, but the original question seems to have been answered and I didn't think a new thread was warranted for my question...

Anyhoo, I had a quick question about the fridge in the Cosmo Terrace One Bedroom and Terrace Studio: is it a big one like in the Terrace/Reach Around Suites, or is it just a normal minibar? Just wondering if I'll have any room for leftovers.

Gracias!

13. br549

br549 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In the one bedroom and terrace studios, the fridge is just a regular minibar. The Terrace Suites and Wraparound Suites have the full fridge, that is also a minibar, but there is room to put your own items in also.

14. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks! :beer:

15. lollyb

lollyb Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can ask them to empty it if you don't need the minibar items. Used to be a charge to do so, but have heard of people getting this for free recently.

16. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In Feb I stayed in a Terrace 1 Bedroom and the only fridge is the minifridge. The bottom part was empty but it's the freezer section. I brought some left overs back and it sort of froze them. I called down for some dishes and a few minutes in the microwave and I was enjoying left over Prime at Bellagio.

17. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Again…apologies to the OP, but I keep coming up with Cosmo questions that in no way warrant their own thread. :eek:

So…with regards to the view from the terrace of the Terrace Studios and Terrace One Bedroom…is there any difference? Does one room type have greater number of rooms with a "good" view than the other (like facing the fountains and/or higher floor)? Or are they both evenly distributed throughout the hotel? Or is this way too specific of a question for anyone to have an answer?:rolleyes2:

I don’t know whether or not I’ll spend the night in the room, so the actual room isn’t important. But I do know that I will spend a little time on the terrace with a cocktail or seven, so the view is important and I’d like to give myself the best chance at getting a good one.

Thanks!

18. Suekel

Suekel VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No worries at all on bumping the thread, I'm glad you are getting your questions answered. We had a great stay in a Terrace One Bedroom after my original post. We paid a bit more for a fountain view which was SO worth it, and the couch actually did open to a bed so my nephew didn't have to sleep on just a couch. Our fridge was a mini one. Bathroom was plenty private - the only opening to the room was from the soaking tub to the bedroom, and the commode was in space with it's own door.

It was a great room and I'd stay there again in a heartbeat if they send me another comp offer.

19. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the update! Excellent info.

Did you upgrade to the view at check in or did you book the premium view? The only time I’ve stayed there I was lucky enough to have a fountain view room as part of my offer. My offer this time doesn’t mention anything about a view – but, like you, I will be more than willing to pay a few bucks for that upgrade. It really is pretty amazing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.