1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Two Premium Tickets for LOVE Blacked Out entire month of January!

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by jenblase, Dec 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jenblase

jenblase Low-Roller

Just had a hellacious conversation with three different people at MyVegas trying to book my Two Premium Tickets to LOVE (208,000 points). Come to find out that apparently every night in January is blacked out, EXCEPT for the 31st.

Don't know if it says this anywhere on the Facebook page when you go to redeem it - I can't see it, but that could be because tickets are SOLD OUT right now. But just a forewarning that if you're planning to go see this show anytime in January, forget about it!

I mean, why even give us the option to buy this reward, if we can't use them (oh but if I go on the 31st, you can still use it! darn, that's the only day of the month that I *won't* be there! :rolleyes:)

I was told that this came from MGM Corporate, not MyVegas or Play Vegas.

2. pmast

pmast Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Very strange. I just booked for Jan 24th using the premium 2 ticket reward.
    I read your post and thought you were mistaken. I looked up the reward and you are correct it lists almost every date in Jan. as blackout. I looked at my confirmation email and it does not list the blackout dates in Jan. I purchased the reward Nov 20th so maybe this is a new restriction for rewards recently purchased. Sorry that this happened to you.

3. jenblase

jenblase Low-Roller

This keeps getting stranger and stranger. Just double checked my confirmation from 11/24 and it doesn't have those blackout dates on it either (only goes up to 1/1). So based on what you're saying, I still should have been able to redeem for my date based on the blackout dates at the time I redeemed. Wish I would have thought to look at my confirmation while I was on the phone with the supervisor.

I keep getting madder and madder about this whole thing. Even though I've already cancelled the reward, I want to escalate this, but to whom?

4. rob889

rob889 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm in your same situation...had the reward, tried to book, and was told I could only book thru the end of December. The guy made it sound like I'd have to wait for a new batch of rewards to become available in order to book in January. I've already gotten a refund for it so gonna wait til the Jan rewards come out

5. becker80

becker80 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I redeemed points for 2 tickets for Jan 30th back in november. After seeing this thread I called and verified my redemption- the lady i talked to said there are lots of shows available in january and she even tried to do a new booking for a different date and it worked. She said she shows the blackout dates apply to Las Vegas residents only. Just an fyi in case it helps someone.

6. 2VegasNuts

2VegasNuts High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just called MyVegas redemption # and was told that all MGM show rewards for free tix (not 2/1) are blacked out from 12/20-2/1.

7. lgrove

lgrove Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just booked 2 free tix to Love for 1/24 (redeemed on 11/28)

8. bcc

bcc Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are several huge conventions in January, including the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) and Las Vegas Market. This may be the reason for the blackouts.

- bcc

9. Tranzport

Tranzport Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We just redeemed two single standard tickets to LOVE for Friday, Jan 3rd. Not sure why others have having difficulty...
    This will be our third show courtesy of MyVegas (Jabbawockeez, Zarkana, and now LOVE).

Last edited: Dec 10, 2013
  10. rob889

rob889 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I booked Love as well...after being unable to use the previous reward I purchased earlier this month (which only showed blackout dates thru the end of December) I got a refund and a week or so later purchased the new reward which did in fact show the dates for early 2014

11. JustNgo

JustNgo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's strange. The system should not have let you book those dates. All shows are in "holiday pricing" at the moment and are not eligible for MyVegas rewards.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.