1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Mid-December Scene?

Discussion in 'Vegas Nightlife' started by seanloweishot, Dec 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seanloweishot

seanloweishot Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Small group of early 20s college guys going to Vegas after finals from Dec 14th-19th. What are the crowds going to be like? Any other college kids and twentysomethings? Will there still be a good party scene? Is Sunday-Wednesday going to be dead? Will clubs be cheaper / easier to get in? Any advice on how to make the most of a less-populated strip?

Sorry for all the questions, but any responses are much appreciated

As a reference, we like gambling/poker, but not overly so and definitely more interested in clubs/bars/substances.

Thanks in advance

2. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This time of year is strange. It's usually pretty dead around then, but sometimes the rates are SO reasonable, that it fills up. But, I mean nearly every show is dark... they obviously aren't expecting big crowds that week.

I would guess the more popular clubs like Marquee will still be hopping. I'd stick to the more popular places.. I mean if you try to go to like LAX... it might be pretty boring. Also I'd go out Saturday/Sunday, no matter the time of year, those are still usually busy. I just looked at Marquee and Haakasan's websites and they have events on those days.

3. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Definantly different than any other time of year. We went a couple years ago arriving Dec. 11th. We were shocked by how dead some places were and how many places were closed. It was still fun, there are always crowds and fun to be found in LV if you look.

4. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    clubs will be fine stick to the top tier ones and they will be packed,like hakkasan ,light,marqueee.

lesser ones will take a big hit.

i think theres a ufc fight that week or next one

weekends will be fine but easier for to get in. weekdays could be slower .

5. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    rember as a group of guys unless your buy bottle service which i never recomend you will be dealing with db doorman.

my suggestions dress right notsure how many are you but dont go in as a group your giving them reason to reject you ,make you buy a bottle or bribe them.

go as pairs or go as individuals.
    single guys get in in much easier than groups.just stagger in every few minutes between other people.:thumbsup:

6. lasvegas_limo_driver

lasvegas_limo_driver MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Its very slow right now during the week. Hakkasan, Marquee, Pure sunday and tues, foundation room, tao, tryst and xs are all going good. the question is how many guys? Strip clubs?

7. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The issue of places being closed is definitely one to keep in mind. The first half of December is when a lot of restaurants/bars close down, either for specific renovations or just for vacation. I remember last year, the Tuesday after Thanksgiving half of Aria was in the process of shutting down, including the main 24-hour bar by the elevators. It's still a fun time, but it's something to think about and plan ahead for, especially if there are specific places you want to check out.

8. lasvegas_limo_driver

lasvegas_limo_driver MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    hakkasan is closed december 16-26. people can still have a good time

9. seanloweishot

seanloweishot Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for all the quick responses!
    But not as encouraging as I'd hoped...

We're not interested in strip clubs, so is our only hope for socializing at the big name clubs? i.e. is there anywhere free (entry-wise) that will be populated/party-able?

We're looking to meet other vacationers around our age... so are we being too optimistic for that time of year?

And are there really no advantages to going at that time of year other than discounts and shorter lines?

10. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    you are guys, unless you put on mini skirts and high hells the only thing vegas clubs care about men is there money.
    so if you want to get in free you are in the wrong place with a group of guys i here fargo north dakota is easy this time of year.

time of year doesnt matter, all the clubs want is your money sorry to break it to you.
    yes it will be easier to get in but you will have to pay cover charge anywhere from 30$ and up per person for a top tier club.

wellcome to vegas:thumbsup:

11. kps

kps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tryst would have been a good option but they are closed 12/8 and re opening 12/27.

Unless you have a crazy hookup within 1 of the clubs there are no freebies for the guys to get in. Your best bet would be pre sale tickects for whatever club you go to or pool together your money to do a table for 1 night.

Definitely look at the clubs' schedules as you will be limited Sun through Wednesday.

Personally speaking I would say hold off and come to Vegas after spring semester/May-September time. Pools are all open so you have options for both the daytime and night time plus more people in your age bracket out partying. Save your money because there are no freebies then either.

Hope this helps.

12. lasvegas_limo_driver

lasvegas_limo_driver MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    its already been addressed. Vegas clubs may be slow, but they do not care about guys. right now they are giving tables to groups of ladies, cause guys will pay the price to be in a club full of women. Ladies dont go to a club to meet guys. if you want freebies you can do so at voodoo, ghost bar and moon. they will give you drink tickets as well. Any other club your paying at least $20 a head to get in but the higher end places are 30 or 40.

13. lasvegas_limo_driver

lasvegas_limo_driver MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:

just saying about the presale tickets, they are the biggest waste or time and money. i have had over 10 groups from here that were looking at presale tickets and 3 groups bought them. Clubs started doing presale to take out the human factor, i can tell you that ladies still get in free for tiesto when tickets were $50 and they had guys at $100 and $50 gets them in. If you have no connections and totally clueless on how vegas clubs, the presale is great, but there is so much info on here that you should never have to pay face value for a nightclub.

14. GoFlamesGo

GoFlamesGo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You sure tryst reopens on the 27th? I have been talking to a host there about the 26th.

15. Jameezy

Jameezy RIP Riviera

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have been going to vegas December 20th -new years for like the last 4 years. I love how everything is just dead and then you just see crowds swarming starting the day after xmas.

16. butterfinger

butterfinger Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What are some good sites that shows all the clubs and when/if they are closed?

17. kps

kps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Butterfinger you'll need to go to the websites to look at their schedules.

In regards to Tryst the guy in my group who sets everything up was told mid November that they are closed 12/8 with a 12/27 reopen as 4 of our group are going for a few days from 12/18 to 12/22.

May want to contact Tryst directly but if you look on the calender for December DJ Spider is shown for the 27th and everything is dark from the 8th to 26th.

18. ex507

ex507 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thats the exact same days that i will be there.... Now i am really depressed. Did not know its THAT slow in december. Sounds like its a dead city dec 14-19.

Closed bars/restaurants/Clubs...? I mean.. I knew its less crowded but did not know its that bad...... Oh my god ....

19. kps

kps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  20. cha4zz

cha4zz Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lol. If you're into EDM this is solid at the very least. London would kill for a line-up like this at this time of year.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.