1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Garth. Jan 2014. New Show. Full Band.

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by seneca7, Dec 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seneca7

seneca7 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    He just can’t stay away! Less than 72 hours after saying farewell to Las Vegas with his residency shows that culminated in last weekend’s live CBS broadcast from Encore Theater at Wynn Las Vegas, Garth Brooks revealed this morning that he’s coming back.

And this time we’re getting a show Las Vegas did not see during his four-year sold-out solo run. Tickets go on sale Friday. “Garth Brooks: The Man, His Band and His Music” will play four times over the first weekend of the New Year on Jan. 3 and 4.

“I’ve been itching for the chance to bring my band to Las Vegas to play this room,” Garth said in a news release. “I can’t wait. Steve Wynn told me I could use the theater any time. I asked him when I could start, and his response was, ‘How about New Year’s?’ ”

The country music legend said that these weekend shows will consist of his chart-topping songs accompanied by his full, big-sound band. “I don’t know if this will happen again,” Garth said. “So I am taking Mr. Wynn up on his offer. Will there be something else down the road? Who knows! I’m just going to enjoy getting to turn it up in Las Vegas and play with the band again.”

--Las Vegas Sun

2. Fiend4vegas

Fiend4vegas Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Saw this when I got up this morning as well. I'm hoping to get a ticket as soon as they go on sale. I've booked a room already just in case as can be seen on my coutdown timer. I'm probably going either way...not turning away any excuse to be in the happiest place on earth!!!:beer:

3. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i hope he keeps it around the 100$ ticket price not what he did when he riased it to over 200$

4. kel3420

kel3420 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought I read that these new four shows with the band were $200. If I remember right, Garth had nothing to do with the price increase for his shows at Wynn. That it was all Steve Wynn, and that he was pissed, as he wanted to "regular folk" to be able to see him also. That might have been just a bunch of fluff too, because of the uproar when it happened. Now that both he and SW know people will fill the house at $200 tickets, that's obviously the price point they are comfortable at now. Which is too bad, because as much as I loved his show, I am trying to think of anyone I'd pay that much for.

5. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    with all due respect an artist sets the ticket prices thru his guarentee.

if he truly cared he would do the show for 50,000$ a nite instead of 150,00$ or 250,000$ and steve wynn would charge less, goes for any performer

6. beuhner

beuhner Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Where will the tickets for this be sold?? I have checked the Wynn website and ticketmaster and neither has any mention of the shows??

7. seneca7

seneca7 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Found this:

Tickets go on sale Friday, Dec. 6 at 10AM PST for $200 per ticket (not inclusive of taxes and fees) at www.wynnlasvegas.com, www.ticketmaster.com, or by phone at 702-770-1000 or 800-745-3000.

Maybe they're not listing anything until the 6th.

8. salukidean

salukidean High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And if tickets were sold for less, brokers would have larger margins and buy even more tickets.

What truly sets the price of tickets is supply and demand.

For popular artists, I'd rather see the artist make more money than have the brokers make more money.

If you want a $50 show ticket, than go see Carrot Top. If you want to see Garth, its going to cost you $200.

9. kel3420

kel3420 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lucky for me that I saw him opening weekend at Wynn, and while I can't remember exactly what I paid, I want to say it was around $100. I've gone to many many concerts and I can't think of one I'd pay $200 for.

10. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    not true for garth becuase they have been doing will call only tickets to stop scalping and no name changes and a 2 ticket limit.

any artist who whats to keep prices down can ,they just have except a lower salery,not saying he has to but he shouldnt complain about prices if hes demand a large up front pay check and that goes for any artist.

billy joel bitches about scalpers but his whole run that went on sale for nyc he sold all the good seats to brookers at a minium of 6 times the original ticket price

11. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
  12. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I saw Garth in 1990 at the Clay County Fair in Spencer Iowa. His opener was Trisha Yearwood. Tickets were $10 if I remember right. He had just released No Fences and had 2 hits under his belt off his first album. Trisha's only hit was She's In Love With The Boy.

Less than a year later he was everywhere, on CBS doing a primetime special and filling arenas 70,000 people deep. I would love to see him at the Wynn, but those tickets are going to be a little more than $10 I suppose.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.