1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Cyber Monday Airfare?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by LolaDoggie, Dec 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anybody have any guidance to offer in terms of Cyber Monday airfare deals? I'm a total noob in that area. Do I have to stay up all night? I've done what I can think of at this point, scoped out what sites to check out, signed up for emails. I don't do twitter and facebook though.

2. lotso-bear

lotso-bear VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I recommend making a Twitter account. Most of the airlines do flash sales on Black Friday and Cyber Monday, so the deals will come and go quickly. I doubt most of the legacy airlines will do something though. So, it's worth taking a look at JetBlue, Virgin America, and Southwest.

3. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OK, I got a twitter, that's all done. Any other ideas?

4. lotso-bear

lotso-bear VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Follow all of the airlines, OTAs (Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, etc.), and hotel companies that you have an interest in.

5. lotso-bear

lotso-bear VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  6. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm still at it. I've done everything you advised. Starting to go cross eyed but I would have been up anyways.

Some of the travel by dates aren't working out for me because I'm going in March.

But, I got excited about CET Total Rewards Cyber Monday sale for rooms. I get everything lined up and then the site says that my room choice isn't included in the promo. None of the room choices for that hotel are included in the promo. I tried another hotel, same. The reservations phone line isn't open yet.

Alaska Air doesn't have any non-stops from my airport.

7. lotso-bear

lotso-bear VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry to hear :( Hopefully, something lines up for you soon.

8. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I appreciate your help and hanging in with me. I wonder if there isn't more I could do to snag at least the rooms at this lower price?

9. Suekel

Suekel VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Southwest Cybersale is pretty much a bust, unless one is looking to travel on Christmas Day. I am holding out one last hope - last year on dec 5th they did a one day sale that was much better. Maybe they'll repeat that.

10. jackincols

jackincols Guest

In checking for my April trip, I find no deals from my limited choice of carriers out of Roanoke (and no, Richmond isn't an option for me).

Only value deal I find is Allegiant down to Tampa over 4th of July weekend to see my son and his family for $192 RT.

11. kps

kps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lola when are you going in March? You have to remember starting March 18th and every Thurs - Sunday until April 8th is the NCAA basketball tournament which is a huge gambling scenario in Vegas. Prices do go up during those weekends.

12. Bel

Bel Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I too am looking to book a trip the last weekend of april, is there any reason why flights are so high? I can't seem to find a reason why the flights from the east coast are an extra 20% for this weekend and mostly sold out through southwest?

13. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm going March 6 to 13th. My brother picked the dates and I'm totally stuck with them. I'm glad it's before March Madness. But, there was is a big convention and some kind of other event going on during the first half of the trip.

So, I took a nap. When I got up I tried again for Cyber Monday CET sale. It was the same deal saying the room wasn't on promo but the promo dates were good. And when I looked at the totals though, it looked to me like the discount was included in the price. I called them and the customer service rep said the weekend wasn't on promo and she was showing higher prices. I tried booking it online and she said people were saying it wasn't letting them book so they were having a long day at work. I was able to book it with the promo price and she confirmed the reservation. I wanted to snag at least that because I can re-book if the price comes down at all. My brother is staying at Caesar's and I wanted to be close to him so I picked Bally's. I like Bally's anyway, stayed there last time. It's more than I've spent on hotels since the first time we went over New Year's.

If my brother ever says I never did anything for him, I'm gonna kick him square in the nuts with a frozen workboot.

14. lotso-bear

lotso-bear VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LOL :evillaugh

15. lotso-bear

lotso-bear VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Most of the Cyber Monday deals have a travel restriction that requires all of the travel to be done by the end of March. Fares might be high since it's spring break for most of the kids and the economy is getting better, so more business travel. There might be a good number of conventions/conferences going on during your timeframe as well. In general, airfares have been increasing since a few months ago.

16. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At least I got the room. I don't think the airfare is going to go down but it might go up so I might have to jump on that one as well.

This is going to be an unusually expensive trip for me. I'm going to have to use all my extensive Vegas Ninja skills to try to bring the other costs down since I'm too lazy to room hop and be too far from my brother since he can get lost in a wet paper bag and he's staying at Caesars.

I don't want to sound ungrateful or miserable about going to Vegas. Or going to Vegas with my brother and his wife there for part of the trip. I just wish he had picked dates with me instead of booking first and then expecting me to jump. He's my older brother and he has more education and makes more money than I do. So, it's hard for him to fathom that perhaps I could have been of assistance in this matter. I'm glad to have a relationship with him and I'm glad he's making an effort. I just want to slap him upside the head sometimes. You know how it is with siblings.

17. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went ahead and booked the airfare. No real deals but I was getting worried it would keep going up. Since I would rather eat my own spleen than fly Spirit ever again, we looked at both Delta and SWA and booked Delta. I think flight times were the deciding factor. I think we'll be happy on Delta.

18. lotso-bear

lotso-bear VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good choice of flying Delta! Hopefully you're crediting the miles to a frequent flier program :)

Have a good trip to Vegas! Hopefully, you're brother will take care of you a bit so that you don't have to use much money.

19. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh Mr. Bear thank you so much for your help. You really hung in there with me.

I actually still owe my brother a nice meal. He took care of my parent's estates which had some serious complications because our sister is a nutjob. Not a cute, harmless, funny nutjob like me. So, I owe him a nice meal. He's hard to do anything for or to thank. I'm leaning towards a gift basket in his room when they check in at Caesars.

20. lotso-bear

lotso-bear VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No problem!

How about a nice bottle of wine or liquor, depending on what they (he and his wife) prefer? Always nice to have some drinks in the room :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.