1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Video Poker Ultimate X - My new favorite machine!

Discussion in 'Video Poker' started by JosieCat, Nov 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sitting at airport waiting to go home. I've never tried ultimate x before. Two hand pays later, I love it. Playing 3-play quarters it dealt me 4's with a kicker. I had a 2x multiplier on all so $1,200 hand pay. The it dealt me four 3's and gave me the kicker on the one spot that I had an 8x multiplier. $1,800 hand pay.

I also hit 4 aces with kicker on $1 DDB.

2. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice hits!! I didn't realize that McCarran had these now. As you can see they are quite addictive when you hit. And the house loves this game because normal strategy is sometimes wrong. Most people won't hold J83 suited over just a Jack, but you generally should in this game because of the future multiplier.

Kicking off the Trip with Two New Hotels to Us!!!
  3. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry, I should have been more clear. I hit all of these at NY NY. Yes, I did find myself changing my strategy a bit. I do plan on reading up on it.

4. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED Money’s on the way, with CashNetUSA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you like UltimateX, you oughta try GoodTimes Poker, its sorta similar, or perhaps SuperTimesPay poker...all have the "Multiplier" feature...
    The last trip to Vegas, we were even, and leaving, when I decided to "make $20 for gas" and the wife hit a dealt quad with a 3x multiplier for a nice $200 bonus as we were on our way out!

5. NickyDim

NickyDim Hockey is life

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ultimate X is my favorite VP. It's poker on steroids.

6. ACMike

ACMike High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I never seem to win on it, I guess it's just me. Also the 10 coins per hand is pretty steep. I much prefer Super Times Pay at 6 coins per hand.

7. WrongWayWade

WrongWayWade VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can someone explain how Ultimate-X is different that Super-Times-Pays? I get how STP randomly adds a multiplier to all wins every so often, but how does Ultimate-X work? (Both call for 6 coins instead of 5 coins per spin, yes?)

8. NickyDim

NickyDim Hockey is life

Trips to Las Vegas:
    STP is a random multiplier that can make you wait many many hands before you get your multiplier. Ultimate X gives you odds on your next hand on ANY winning hand. You get into some really good grooves with Ultimate X if you go through 3 or more consecutive hands being dealt a winner.

Go to Videopoker.com and play. It's the best way to get an understanding of how it works. You just have to get a few hands in because the first hand is not going to pay. You need to build up the multipliers for the good returns.

9. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No, Ultimate X is 10 coins per hand. I was playing 3-play quarters and it cost 30 quarters, but on most hands you are dealing with a multiplier. I believe and someone can correct me if I'm wrong, on your NEXT hand you get the following multipliers - pair - 2, 2 pair - 3, 3 of a kind - 4, straight - 8, flush - 10, full house - 12.

When I was dealt the four 3's and then got the kicker on one of the hands, that hand had an 8x multiplier.

But it is very volatile and you can go through some big money. As you can guess most times when you have a big multiplier available, you don't hit anything. I can't tell you the times I had a 12x on all 3 hands - and hit nothing.

10. NickyDim

NickyDim Hockey is life

Trips to Las Vegas:
    that's double double bonus odds 2,3,4,8,10,12x. Bonus or JOB are 2,3,4,8,11,12x

I like Bonus or JOB because you can win 110 on two pair following a flush or 120 after a full house. JOB/Bonus 2 pair hands break even or win, DDB you usually lose 1/2 your bet with 2 pair, but you can most definitely clean up if you it A,2,3,4 OAKind with multiplier in the DDB game.

11. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is the one jackpot I remembered to take a picture of.

Attached Files:

12. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    JoB is 7X for a straight, fwiw. And as nicky points out, the multipliers vary by game variant. Also by the number of hands played. 10-play offers higher multipliers usually than 3-play for quads/SF/RF because otherwise 3-play would have a higher return than 10-play.

15-page academic treatise on calculating the game's return.

http://wizardofodds.com/videopoker/images/UltimateX.pdf

Hit hit Josie! Great to get the kicker on that one hand!

Kicking off the Trip with Two New Hotels to Us!!!
  13. Crapmaster

Crapmaster Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like this game a lot too, but at $7.50 a hand for quarters it's too much for my low rolling blood. But I've won a few hundred on it several times in nickels on a ten dollar buy-in.

14. craps1

craps1 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Same here. I found myself playing this ten play machine on my last day of a cruise in Aug. won a couple of hand pays, but still lost 10k. I was up at the time, but still hurt. Not rushing back to this anytime soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.