1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Mlife Gold Upgrades?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by mattcloss, Nov 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SBTX

SBTX Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree. Definitely not a higher end place but I was pleasantly surprised by the suite I was given. We needed to be near MB for a convention my friends were attending and the MB rates were too high for them (even at convention rates). Like I said, they were very budget conscious. The upgrade was nice. Still surprised they did it since it was booked third party.

2. niceguy753

niceguy753 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was Platinum for 2 years before reaching Noir last year and now for 2014. I don't know why you feel Gold would provide such great perks. The level of play I had at Platinum hardly provided anything. There are a lot of players at Platinum, with way more play than at Gold...so there are only so many perks in the trickle down at a property. I do receive better treatment now at Noir. Limo, Suite, F&B....but I earned it. Play dictates comps....not the color of your card.
    Please understand that there is always a bigger player than you...or me.
    So when I read why someone at Gold wants a perk...there is always someone in front of you....A Platinum Player...then in front of them...Noir....then Double Black Noir....

3. mattcloss

mattcloss Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    nice guy, the original question was around others' experience with upgrades...as upgrades are listed under Gold within the MLife tier benefits grid. No reference to feeling entitled to any particular upgrade...

4. DeMoN2318

DeMoN2318 The DERS

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And Gold is in front of Pearl, and Pearl in front of Sapphire...

Whats your point?

Gold has "complimentary room upgrade" listed as one of its perks...so the OP was asking for other Gold tier people's experiences...

And WTF is double black noir?? is the card holographic?

5. niceguy753

niceguy753 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was trying to state that players think there are so many upgrades at Gold. We were all there at one point, and have been disappointed. There was no need to swear, as I was just trying to state, that at any level, you are hoping for upgrades, but they are few. And yes, there is a level above Noir.
    No matter what level, there is always a bigger player who will receive the comp before us. I am glad when people receive an upgrade, but reality is there are not too many times that it happens. And the fact that Gold is lower domn the hierarchy, people should be more realistic.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2013
  6. DeMoN2318

DeMoN2318 The DERS

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wasn't swearing at you...I was just shocked that there is another MGM level and this was the first time I heard mention of it.

:peace::beer:

7. onsan

onsan Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And WTF is double black noir?? is the card holographic?[/QUOTE]

It's so black, it sucks up all the cash around it.

8. stackinchips

stackinchips VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I get the point you're trying to make, but keep in mind, most Gold players (especially those who received a big chunk of TCs from Resort Spend rather than gaming) are going to be booking or getting comped the basic level rooms. Therefore, an "upgrade" is technically just a better view, or a bigger room, or maybe just a higher floor. I don't think anyone is expecting suite upgrades. Your talk about Noir and Platinum players is correct, however, how many Platinum and especially Noir players are being placed in the base rooms? Most are getting put into the suites in the first place, so your point is kind of moot. I'm platinum and I'm usually put into at least a low-upper tier room by my host.

Two other things to keep in mind, is that ADT still trumps all. The guy who earned high Gold (175k TCs) on one three day trip is more valuable and is going to be treated better than they guy who is from LA, makes 10 three day trips a year, and made Platinum by racking up 25k TCs per trip. Also it sounds like you think that there is a plethora of people at the Noir/Plat level. I don't know the numbers, but I'm willing to bet that only about 2-3% of people ever reach that level. Outside of big weekends (Super Bowl, NYE, etc.) it would be rare for there to be enough Plat/Noir (and people paying rack rates) to occupy all the rooms except the base rooms leaving nothing for Gold to upgrade to. Bottom line is that this whole thread is simply about people's experience with a listed perk of a tier at Mlife. Your posts have come across as a roundabout way of bragging about your tier and an attempt to belittle those who aren't Noir/Plat.

9. mattcloss

mattcloss Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    +1

I read there are 800 Noir members

10. niceguy753

niceguy753 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi. I was in no way trying to brag about finally being at a higher level of play. I have paid my dues from the Flamingo in my 20's to the Bellagio in my 50's. I have been always wondering how it would be to get comps and special things like all the big players I would see. I was just trying to say that I have been disillusioned through the years about what I should receive from all my play. Seems like we always get ignored, and never get anything from our play. I guess I was just trying to tell players that even though the level is supposed to 'Provide" some type of reward....it doesn't always seem to come.

11. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Except that's not what you were doing at all. The OP was asking about experiences getting upgrades at Gold, given that it's a listed benefit of the tier, and your response was, "I don't know why you feel Gold would provide such great perks." It's one thing to say that it's less than a sure thing, or difficult to get; it's another to try to belittle people for even asking about it. Sorry you're so disillusioned, but that's no reason to try to make other people feel the same way.

12. DeMoN2318

DeMoN2318 The DERS

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got upgraded from a basic pyramid room to a pyramid "suite" this past week...I am Gold...

13. Kickin

Kickin Flea

LOL I must have sat around some double black noir players on this last trip in that case since cash seemed to just disappear.

I never heard of a level above NOIR either. But "double black" is a pretty cool name, even if it isn't all that creative. :poke:
    Where did you read that? 800 seems extremely low. Almost impossibly so.

14. mattcloss

mattcloss Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

vegastripping.com

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2013
  15. chuckM

chuckM Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Upgrades at Gold? I'm at Platinum right now. The best benefits are the line-pass at the buffets and taxi lines. Early check-in is good too. I've always been able to get a room by 9 or 9:30am. Other than that...nothing special.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.