1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Starting Trip Report Early

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by blackjacknut, Nov 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blackjacknut

blackjacknut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Ok, I'm starting this trip report early since I have GO GO Inflight WIFI.

Flight CAK to DTW to LAS

Boarded our CRJ200 at CAK on time at 5:27 p.m. EST...taxied out just short of runway 23L. "Ladies and gentleman, from the cockpit this is your captain"...ok here it comes..."we are sorry but we will be pulling over here to the side and will need to wait 30 minutes in our holding area for another landing slot to open up in Detroit." Heavy traffic, low ceilings,rain and ILS approaches was making DTW today a busy place to try and land. So we sit for 30 minutes and then we finally get our slot and take off. This flight is supposed to be a 26 minute flight from wheels up to touch down. However it turned into a 40 minute flight, again due to weather and traffic our plane made one giant circle around DTW before we could land. We land and taxi to the gate no issues.

We come in at C18 and we need to go to A64, start walking towards terminal A...go down the escalators and through the tunnel of flashing lights. If you never have been to DTW the tunnel from C gates to A gates makes you feel like you just took a hit of acid...it has this soothing music and flashing/changing light colors. Make it to our gate to find out that we are delayed by 1 hour 13 minutes for our flight from DTW to LAS. So we settle down for some food while we wait.

We finally board our plane at 8:27 p.m. EST, and I have to say that Delta did a nice job at getting everybody on board our 767-300 aircraft for as big a plane that it is. Seemed like we boarded and were off the ground faster than the CRJ200 that I arrived at DTW on.

So I'm now just a little southwest of Chicago according to our in-flight moving map at 32,000 feet going 444 mph, can't this thing go faster? LOL...I will try and update this as my week in Vegas progresses. :beer:

2. slimmy28

slimmy28 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know it is like watching paint dry, but I love watching the in flight status. When my 10 year old daughter and I flew from Spokane, WA to Chicago this August, we had more fun watching that then playing with games on our tablets. The excitement that builds as you get closer to your destination is pretty cool. Have a great trip!

3. blackjacknut

blackjacknut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you...yes I'm diligently watching the screen....1 hour 37 minutes, flying at 38K ft.

4. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have a safe, fun and LUCKY trip!!!

5. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    .....and you are on your way! Have fun; looking forward to your live updates!

6. SW

SW Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looking forward to the updates. Good luck at the tables!

7. Thebigmg

Thebigmg Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looking forward to the updates - Have a great trip and Good luck.......

MG

8. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This happens all the time to me when I'm flying back home to DTW. Seems like you always end up having to circle around for a bit before you can land.

9. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have a great time and good luck!:thumbsup:

10. Aftermath

Aftermath Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    5 days and no update? Uh oh. :confused2:

11. blackjacknut

blackjacknut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok, sorry so late at getting my update posted.....anyway had a great time. I will break my report down into sections.

Arrival In Vegas

Arrived in Vegas and landed right on time. Didn't check bags so we went straight from the plane to baggage to find our limo driver. Usually the limo driver meets us at the bottom of the escalator but this time he was at the baggage carousel. Our limo driver was very nice and took our bags, he was also very nice about me having to have a smoke after our 4 hours plane ride. Weather was kind of surprising as it was raining and I guess had been all day. Finished our smoke and off to Monte Carlo.

Monte Carlo

Arrived at the Monte Carlo and bell hop was waiting on us to take our bags. We arrived at 10:30 p.m., bell hop took us straight up to Hotel32 but the desk up there was closed so we had to go back down to the main desk. The line to check in was long but we bypassed everyone and was helped right away. If looks could kill, everyone in line was like WTF. We went up to our loft suite in Hotel32 and found it to be in order, just as always.

Loft Picture 1
    Loft Picture 2
    Loft Picture 3

Mini bar was stocked and ready to go...:thumbsup:

Gaming

Was in town for a slot tournament that I was invited to by my host. I usually am not a big slot player but it was an excuse to take a trip to Vegas. It was a team event so they added up the scores of everyone on the team and whoever had the most points at the end of two sessions won $500 free play. Our team won so we each received $500 in free play, first score of the trip.
    Played a few other machines during my 5 day trip and hit the following:

Slot Hit 1
    Slot Hit 2
    Slot Hit 3
    Slot Hit 4

These 4 hits were fun, for someone who doesn't play slots all that much. The next picture is of a TITO from a slot machine that I hit in the High Limit Slot area when I was taking a bathroom break from playing Blackjack. I had been partaking of some adult beverages and had a few. I needed to take a break from playing BJ and went into the High Limit Slot area to use the bathroom. When finished I walked past a $5 two credit machine and decided to put a hundy in. The second pull I hit this:

High Limit Slot Payout

I went back to the table $900 richer...all because I used the High Limit Slot bathrooms....:thumbsup:

Back at the BJ table I was up and down, but then the shuffle happened. I got into a killer shoe. I could not loose, and was pressing my bets from $50 a hand up to $200 a hand without any heat. Ended leaving the table up $4200 at 3:30 a.m.....went to bed for the evening/morning.

Next day played some more slots (see pictures above), and had a few hits. Walked around the strip a bit (see pictures below). Ended up back on the same dealers BJ table and didn't do as well. Got dealt 8's and split them, got dealt another 8 and split. Dealer had a 6 showing, I ended up with 19, 20, 20, and yes she flips a Jack for a 16 and yes she pulls a 5. There goes a quick $450 as i had $150 on each hand. Shaking that one off she deals me two 4's and she turns a 5. I split my 4's and get 6 & 7 for a 10 and 11. I double each and end up with 19, 17...dealer flips with a 15 and yes she pulls a 6. Can I not win a hand, there goes another $400. I color up I have had enough of this table. I ended up after my 5 days trip up about $2K on the BJ tables.

My craps play at Monte Carlo was just average. The longest roll of this trip was only like 10 rolls. Everyone kept crapping out; just as I thought things were heating up. For this trip only up $1K on craps at the Monte Carlo.

Walking around the strip I decided one day to pop into Bally's to see if anything had changed. I walked past the Craps table and couldn't resist as players at the table were shouting and having fun. The table was a $5 minimum but I bought in for $1K. Was betting $25 on the line, full odds behind, and playing two come bets at $25 each full odds. The shooter rolled for like 5 minutes and I made some decent money. The next shooter was on a hot streak...was playing the same bets, but added the hardways for $25 each. Shooter hit hard 6 and I parlayed my bet. Next couple of rolls the shooter was hitting my come bets and then he hit hard 6 again. Hit my parlay bet...score! Shooter hit the point and we all got paid. Put my passline bet out and then odds then come bets and hardways. Shooter hits hard 6 again, I parlay and the next roll he hits hard 6 back to back...score my parlay hits again. The same shooter rolls for another 15 minutes and the table is making money. The shooter finally craps out and I end up $4K up...this was the best craps session of the trip...I tip the shooter $100 and I move on.

Eats

Didn't do any fancy restaurants this trip, just ate at Dragon Noodle at Monte Carlo twice. We did eat at Brand Steak House this time, which I'm not crazy about but this time the food was much better. I got the Brooklyn Filet (bone in) and surprisingly it was delicious. Did the Monte Carlo Cafe for breakfast at 12:30 a.m...after a drink feast one night. Other times just did light snacks, McDonalds, Starbucks and salads from various places. My next trip for NYE will include the fancy places which I will report on.

Walking Around Strip

Walked around the strip and took a picture of the High Roller wheel which looked like they had most of the globes installed:

High Roller Picture

This was the first time we have seen the fall display at Bellagio:

Bellagio Tree Video
    Bellagio Picture 1
    Bellagio Picture 2
    Bellagio Picture 3

The fall display was very nice and I can't imagine all the work that must go into creating this.

All in all this trip was a good trip, lots of gambling and drinking. This was the first trip since MLife reset our points and in this one trip I made Platinum twice over. When all said in done I was up $7K when I left Las Vegas. Can't wait for the next trip in 20 days. Let me know if you have questions.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2013
  12. lucky069

lucky069 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    plane is circling still

13. blackjacknut

blackjacknut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LOL...oh we landed although it did seem we circled for a bit.

14. Tree DA

Tree DA High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Love the blackjack details . Brutal luck on a few of those but it looks like you cane out ahead overall.

15. BTSyndrome

BTSyndrome Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Every time I see pics of the tree.... I'm always, "I love you, ticket Oak!"

16. gambler

gambler VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow, that's brutal. There should be a special prize for hands that bad. :cry:

17. blackjacknut

blackjacknut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes those two hands were brutal...and back to back....:grrr:

18. Kickin

Kickin Flea

Thanks for posting and congrats on the win! That Hotel32 loft looks nice. Doesn't MC have special check-in for higher tier, invited guests, and VIP? Or do they only split it out in Hotel32?

We ate at Brand for the first time last week too. My gf had a MyVegas thing for MC and we were right next door at Aria so decided to try it out. I was super surprised, I thought it was one of the better meals I've ever had in Vegas. I had the tomahawk ribeye which everyone recommended and it was perfect, and I normally don't go for ribeyes. But the real treat were their sides which were ridiculously good. I know that place doesn't get much love here, but I'll definitely be going there again.

By the way, do you mind posting your gambling stats for the trip? e.g. avg bet and hours and if you know how many TCs or ECs you earned from different games? I also earned platinum "twice over" last week and think the earning rate was a lot higher than it should have been. I posted the stats here: https://www.vegasmessageboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100545

19. blackjacknut

blackjacknut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For Hotel32 they close there desk on the 32nd floor at 9:00 p.m....the VIP desk downstairs near the main check in desk also closes I think at 9:00 p.m...therefore if you arrive after both these desks are closed you have to check in at the main desk. However if you are in Hotel32 you bypass the main line and jump straight to the front. I will post my stats soon.

20. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Love the photos of the loft at MC; very nice!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.