1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Hello From Charlotte, NC

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by brookepleins, Nov 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brookepleins

brookepleins Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm brand new to the board - just joined yesterday. I live in Charlotte, NC and I am making my first trip in January of 2014. Right now, I'm just browsing trying to decide which hotel I want to stay in and what restaurants/shows I might want to go to. I pretty much stick with slots and craps when I play but I may do a little black jack when I'm in Vegas.

2. brookepleins

brookepleins Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    By the way, it is a solo trip. I need some "me time" so I'm leaving my husband behind for 6 days. I was going to go to Boston for the US Figure Skating National Championships but decided going to Boston in January would be insane.

3. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome to the board! Hope you have a great trip!!

4. brookepleins

brookepleins Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks, sybgal

5. sindustry

sindustry VIP Whale

Welcome! Which dates are you planning? Hotel rates vary by a big margin throughout January due to all the conventions scheduled. One week can be double the price of another week. I'll be there from the 6th to the 19th.

As far as shows, what do you like? There is something for everyone. Charlotte gets a regular travelling Cirque show, Varekai I think, so if you like Cirque, there is plenty to choose from in Vegas.

6. KazooTom

KazooTom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome to the board, there's lots of great information and helpful people on here. I will be in Charlotte over Christmas visiting my daughter who lives in the Highland Creek area. We are making a "side trip" to Vegas from there Dec. 26 thru Dec. 30.

7. brookepleins

brookepleins Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm planning on the 4th-10th. I have made my lunch and dinner reservations (I am planning on doing one buffet.) I am thinking of going to see Penn and Teller. Beyond that, I'm not sure...I have never seen a Cirque show. Tom, that's quite a "side trip."

8. Beach Crazy

Beach Crazy Hostess With the Mostess

You have come to the right place for info. So glad you decided to join us. Good luck with the planning and welcome to the board. :thumbsup:

9. KazooTom

KazooTom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes it is quite a side trip. We are guardians for our 14 yr old grandson who will be with us in Charlotte. Going to leave him with his aunt, our daughter, and "escape" to Las Vegas for a much needed "adult" vacation. I'm sure he'd enjoy seeing the lights and resorts on the strip, but there really isn't much for a teenager to do. I promised him a trip out there when he is 21. For now he'll have a much better time with his aunt and cousins.

10. LB9

LB9 PH Blackjack Degen

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Also from Charlotte (just moved to DC last month however(, welcome to the board! Any idea how much you're trying to spend on hotels/ent/food/etc?

11. sindustry

sindustry VIP Whale

The tail end of your trip will coincide with the beginning of CES, so room rates will most likely be inflated for your last night. If you already have comped rooms or reduced room rates lined up, then the inflated room rates won't impact you.

12. theghost

theghost Stuck at work, but should find a poker table

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome to the board!! There is a wealth of knowledge here :)

Im just up the road in the LKN area and will say that Southwest flying out of Charlotte has been a good thing for Vegas trips out of Charlotte

Cheers

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.