1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Tipping your CW - Amount?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Dean Martin, Nov 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shawn s

shawn s Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My husband and I usually give a dollar when our orders are taken and another when delivered. We usually get pretty good service. One time atParis, the cw came to tell us she was going on break, but introduced us to another cw that would take care of us. both ladies kept us full and my husband wasn't even playing .

2. ChickenBone Jones

ChickenBone Jones Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $2 per drink. When I sit down at a VP bar that I intend to stay at for awhile, I start at $5 for the first and then switch to $2.

3. topcard

topcard It's not really blackjack unless it pays 3:2!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I may have to try this...especially with the girls at Rio & Golden Gate! :wink2:

4. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Usually $1 per drink. If my wife and I each order than $2.
    At times I have ordered coffee and juice and will tip $2-$3 if they bring multiple drinks for me.

5. TheCanoe

TheCanoe Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A CW at PHo in August remembered me from a trip on March. She got a $20

I don't have a set number, tip by feel/mood/results/etc

I don't so it because I have to, it makes me feel good to share the wealth.

Huge lol at the "check the math" guy who clearly has his jimmies all rustled. Relax dude. Tipping a buck is fine. No need to call us alcoholics based on having more than one drink per hour. You may be wound a little too tight for the Internet

6. merlin

merlin MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think he was referring to the "math" of a buck a drink bring plenty if you figure how many drinks she can serve a day.

7. TheCanoe

TheCanoe Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Which I had no issue with. I agree that if you tip $1 the CW makes a great hourly. I referred to him as the "do the math" guy since he said it a couple of times.

My issue is more of him being a condescending jerk.

8. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Whenever I play at the machines, tipping $5.00 or so initially just never makes a difference as to how often the CW comes around. It just seems forever between drinks, but this could be just at the places I play. So when at the machines I just tip a flat $2.00 per drink, if and when it comes, lol!

It seems the CW's come by the tables more frequently. Drinks always seem to come by faster, so tipping large initially to ensure fast service is not necessary. Once in a while I'll tip a red chip if the CW is friendly and efficient, and quite often when she's hot and has a killer smile......:beer::thumbsup:

9. bboy554

bboy554 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe I'm weird, but I think having a fun/happy/attentive cocktail server is part of having a fun time in Vegas! I generally tip a couple bucks a drink or more if they're a fun person/ I'm winning or happy/ or I'm drunk (the last one usually happens pretty quick!). It does bother me when people don't tip a server, just the same way it bothers me when someone's a jerk at the table -- they're making Vegas less fun for me, and that pisses me off!

I have to ask, what makes $2 bills good to give? To me, it seems like a pain in the neck for all involved. The last thing I'd want is for my company to start paying me in non-standard currency; it's harder to spend.

An aside- I'd prefer a nice and fun sever to a supermodel lookalike any day of the week. She ain't going home with me anyway!

10. Tree DA

Tree DA High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Really? My recollection is that the CWs there are pretty old. Good service though.
    I always tip at least $1 and more for either faster service or if she's really hot. Both is better.

11. topcard

topcard It's not really blackjack unless it pays 3:2!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Perhaps I've just had good timing, sat at the right tables, or played at the right times (morning through early-evening).
    Perhaps it's because I'm a bit on the 'older' side myself, but I sure wouldn't characterize them as "pretty old"... unless you consider late 20s to mid-30s "old".
    Fremont? Now that's a different story! But even there, you gotta give them credit for promptness!
    :beer:

12. ABQJeff

ABQJeff Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wife and I usually play earlier in the afternoon / night. 3-5 bucks for a two bottled beers is usually what we tip. The money is given promptly with a smile and a "Thanks you". And you know what? We never suffer for service after the first day. Last month, we went to a MB slot tourney. I was playing and my wife asked the waitress to bring me a Stella. The waitress brought it along with a Coors light for my wife, without being asked. She looked at her, and she shrugged and told her "That's what you drink isn't it Ma'am?" We hadn't been to MB for months...
    A decent tip, along with a please and thank you goes a long way.

13. wigwam_salesman

wigwam_salesman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Manners cost nothing, and I always treat people how I would like to be treated.

The only thing that genuinely annoys me is people who are snobby and / or have no respect for others.

14. kevhoofd

kevhoofd Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I usually tip a dollar per drink, but if i plan to hang out in the same spot for a while i start of with a 10 dollar tip for 2 drinks. just to make sure she wont forget about me and keeps me well hydrated :)

15. LakeMinnetonkaRealtor

LakeMinnetonkaRealtor Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm generally 1$ per drink, though I'll mix in a 5$ tip if I'm having fun, they're great/fast, or I'm winning. I nearly always order a tall red bull on ice, no straw. There are a number of CW's at PHo and Ballys that remember me every trip because of my order, and they always get a little more.

16. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not entitled to an opinion?

17. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You see, and that is your opinion, which I respect.

18. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Really?? Did you read the first thread of this post?? It seems to me it started out the opposite.

I average $2 but I have no qualms about tipping a dollar if I am just getting water or a soft drink. And I have no problem taking away a dollar if it takes forever to be served. It frustrates me that the customer is wrong for not waiting for an ordered drink but it's somehow okay to be stuck playing a bad game that you want to leave waiting for a drink.

19. kevhoofd

kevhoofd Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LOL i've been in the states 4 times now. and until today i never knew there were 2$ bills..

20. BeeeJay

BeeeJay President of The Red Lobster Hostess Satisfaction

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $5 minimum for first drink....$2-$5 thereafter.......larger tip if hit a big win playing VP.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.