1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

When are Tier credits updated at table games?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by bedaniels, Nov 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bedaniels

bedaniels High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry if this has been asked before but I've been drinking.

I played 2 hours of dice tonight at MGM Grand with a baseline bet of $110 on the inside per shooter. As shooters got hot I pressed my bets. Several times I had at least $400+ on the table when several shooters 7'ed out.

Won over $1100 even after I payed back my marker.

The box man who was there for most of the time just left when I colored up and I was the best tipper at the table, I received many thanks from the dealers.

As I was coloring up I asked the box man to give me my rating he said $110. I said "what, that's my base line i was pressing hard. Ask the dealer." The dealer jumped in and said "good guy pressing and tipping." The box man said "what should the rating be" I said " $200, ask the dealer". Box man says "Son I don't need to ask the dealer I've been doing this longer than you've been alive".

Ok I said "I think it should be $200 for 2 hours" and left with my colored up chips. Several hours have passed the app says 0 tier credits and 0 express comps as it's my first trip since the reset.

Is the app just slow or did the new boxman screw me out of the comp earnings for session because I questioned the rating?

2. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dunno about any app, but I could believe that could be delayed... But to double check, you can go to MLife desk if it's still open.

When I have double checked tier points earned at CET properties on tables via putting my card in a slot machine (and laughed at the results), it was done in minutes...

3. 2VegasNuts

2VegasNuts High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The TC's and EC's should have shown up after 2 hours. Take a walk over to the Players Club and check to see what they show. Most likely, they are clueless. Next step is back to the box man to ask if he entered your play.

4. LakeMinnetonkaRealtor

LakeMinnetonkaRealtor Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've had plenty of experience with up to a 24 hour wait for tier credits to show up, in the main system, I tend to avoid the app, it never seems to function properly for me.

5. meyers67

meyers67 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've seen it take until the next day.

6. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    anywhere from a few hours to 2 days depends if you played thru differnt shifts and day changes.they have to manualy in put them

7. Jet2

Jet2 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As you were told on the trip adviser fourms, you need to speak with the players card or box man for the answer...................

8. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    While it should post fairly quickly, and the pit doesn't have the independent power to rate you but block you from earning credits, I'll just note that I've had absolutely awful experiences with boxmen at MGM Grand. I had a similar situation to yours over the summer; I was playing craps several hours, doing my usual spread -- leaving out odds, I had $10 on the line, starting with $12 on $6/8, then adding $10 on the 5/9, pressing up to $30 or so on each of the place bets as they were hitting, plus lots of $1 two-way hardways which were hitting for the dealers pretty often (I also regularly put them on the line, always backed them up with odds, and those were hitting too). As I'm coloring up, I ask the boxman what he had me rated at.

"$30."

I told him that I thought I'd been betting more, and could he maybe confirm that with the dealers? Dealer to his left said I'd been betting more; the guy replies, "No, I can't change it. You have a problem, take it up with a supervisor. I can't do anything."

I like the resort, but things like this are making me not want to gamble there, ever.

9. bedaniels

bedaniels High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks all,
    I checked in the morning and there were about 9,000 tier credits that were not there before. I should have checked at the players club about the rating but I had some football betting to get in, thanks for the responses.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.